Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Was Your First Gun

Love Life
    A savage chambered in .22 LR. Even with the crooked front sight it shoots great. That rifle has digested so many boxes of federal bulk ammo it is ridiculous. It now resides with my mother.

Boolit Buddy
    model 62A winchester. traded 75 muskrat hides for it at age 8 or 9. I carried it with me every where I went until in my mid twentys. It is now a retired wall piece that I would never part with.

Boolit Master

Stevens M15 22 lr single shot.
    Dad bought it for me in 1950. I was 8 years old. I taught my son and grandson to shoot with it. My 3 year old great grandson is next. The barrel is still good despite many 1000s of round through it....dale

Boolit Master

Savage 24 22/410 selector on side of action
    Sweet gun, what fun
    Still have it

Mike

First Gun

Sears (Marlin) .22 bolt action with a tubular magazine. It shot shorts, longs and long rifles, and I started out with shorts. 13 th birthday gift, I restocked it in a thumbhole configuration from a plank of walnut, and I still have it, although it hasn't seen any use for years. It was all I needed at the time.

Boolit Master

We had dad's "lending closet" growing up so neither my brother or I were gifted with firearms. Da had all we needed growing up to take any game in Me. When I was old enough to buy my own it started with a Rem. 700 Mountain rifle in .280 (7mm Rem Mag now IIRC) for a short gun I bought Rugers first run in large autos a P-89 in 9mm.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Buddy
    mod 10 s&w i still have it .it is like new and has been in my safe for a long time i shoot it some on xmass day.the day i got it

Boolit Master

Crescent Firearms Co, Norwich Conn, manufacturer, 12ga. Single barrel, top break, outside hammer, London Fine Twist. "A great shooter, I used it a lot. It's just a little worn. The other gun I never shot, it's too dangerous", so I was told, buying my first package deal of guns. It was 1983, I was 30 and was planning my escape from NYC. I let the elderly gentleman talk me up to $85 for the pair. Oh...... The other gun? The one I really wanted? A 1902 Remington Rolling Block Model 5 in 7x57. In VG condition. And NO, I never shot the Crescent.

Boolit Buddy
    My cousin and I both received a Glenfield 22 for Christmas when we were 10. We took then into the backyard and started shooting cans off the fence, using the neighbors house as a backstop. That didn't go over so well and we didn't see our 22's until summer.

Boolit Master

Mine was a H&R break open revolver in 38 S&W. It came with 7 rounds of ammo only 2 fired. I bought it from a guy that lived across the street from me, it broke shortly after so I sold it, no great loss.

Boolit Master

First firearm

A 20 guage Stevens single shot. Light wood (maple?) with regular drop of stock.
    Given to me by my father on my 9th birthday, 1949. A couple of years later Dad purchased the same shotgun only with a plastic stock for my younger brother's 9th birthday. He couldn't shoot it because the plastic stock was too straight, so we traded and my son still has the plastic stocked one.

The first firearm I purchased was a .357 Ruger Blackhawk at the age of 33. The previous owner had buffed the anodized black off the allow frame and it looked pretty good. Gave $ 72.10 for it and later traded it in on a blued Ruger Security Six. Should have kept them all but money was a problem. 'Tuck as in Kentuck

Boolit Buddy
    JC Higgins single shot .22, given to me by an aunt, She found it in a closet in a home she bought.

Boolit Grand Master

Sears safety single shot .22 Dad bought for us when I was 8 and my brother was 10. I still have it. Refinished the stock. Still use it to teach kids to shoot, too.

It is a bolt action and when you open the bolt it resets the safety.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    first gun remington 514 .22 . got it for christmass when i was 10 years old. used it to get boy scout marksmanship badge. was going to use it for high school rifle team but they stopped it the year i got in high school.

Boolit Master

A Remington 550 .22 still have it. Shoots shorts, longs or longrifle. You can mix them in the magazine tube it it just don't care, goes bang every time. Bought it from my Uncle when I was around 9 or 10 for $10.00 dollars. My Dad has one just like it. My Uncle is gone now and I don't have any kids so in a couple of years when his grandson is old enough he will get his grandfathers rifle. Sadly he never met his grandfather.

Boolit Master
    Model 12 Winchester (12 guage) bought used from a local jeweler when I was seventeen, in 1968. Came with a "Leg of Mutton" (leather, breakdown) gun case. Paid $85 for it in excellent condition. Polychoke was installed on the full choked barrel. Years later, I purchased an extra barrel in modified from Numerich and had it cut down to riot length. Still have it, along with the polychoked bbl. in the original case. The first new gun I purchased and still own, is a 6" Python in "Royal Colt" blue.

Winelover

In Remembrance
    A single shot 20 guage, for christmas when I was 9, was the first one that was mine.
    I don't even remember the model, but it had a button on the side to break open the action. That gun accounted for lots of squirrels and quite a few quail.

I crawled through what seems like miles of hog trails in east texas briar patches, with a slug in the barrel, looking for a big old boar. Looking back I sure am glad I never found that big hog, while on my hands and knees, with nowhere for either of to go. lol

A Squires Bingham Model 20 .22 Semi-Auto I Got When I Was 14 I Still Have It But Lost The Magazine.
    A Poacher Is A Thief... And We Are The Victim.

Boolit Master

This may come as a surprise but my first gun (that I owned) was a .... wait for it .... Nah! I'll keep ya'll guessing!

well OK then, it was a 1902 Long Tom Lee Enfield. But my next gun was a 22 Remington Sports Master which is still super accurate. Oh, I did have a handgun or two before that and an air rifle - do those count?
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''