Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: 300 Blk suppressed.

Boolit Mold

300 Blk suppressed.

Will I run into issues firing cast 247gr bullets through the AAC 762-SDN-6? I really want to cast cheap subsonic bullets, but am concerned about leading in the suppressor. Since the bullet doesn't touch the suppressor, it shouldn't cause leading, correct?

Boolit Master
    You should not have any trouble with leading in the supressor. What you need to watch is spin drift inside the supressor. Typically a supressor is set up with tolerances that allow a specific range of boolit or bullet weights. Leaving that criteria, you do run the possible risk of a boolit taking out the end of the supressor. My supressed (integral) Savage 10 was manufactured to allow bullets of 180 - 250 grains. The shop I got it from said I could use any factory ammo through it. (Thank God it has a lifetime warranty). Out of the standard lapua 220 SS load, I grabbed a box of factory remington 150's and went to the range. I have used this load many times and is great piggy getters. Ought to be real nice supressed, right? Wrong. The first shot I noticed a little spittle hit me and a funny sound came from the weapon. Checking the rifle over and ejecting the spent round, I noticed the END OF THE FRICKEN SUPRESSOR WAS GONE!!!! I sounded like Acchmed the dead terrorist!!! What the............................................... .................................................. .................................... happened? Took it back to the man with the box of ammo and he said be back in two weeks. Came back and he had replaced the supressor. Then he told me that was the third one and he had wrecked another to find out why it happened. His supressors work incredibly well and are very tight tolerance. Hence how the spin of the boolit sending the round into the baffels. Food for thought.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.