Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate

Boolit Master

I hate

Today I was at the rifle range with a friend of mine and his son. The range was fairly empty, and we were shooting our muzzleloaders at some clay birds I had put on the 50 yard back stop making them about 60 yards away. There were 4 left and we was taking turns loading our guns and letting his boy blast away. The 22 range is right next to the 50 yard range, and some jerk showed up with an AK and watched the boy who is 12 shooting at the clay birds. He fired a few rounds at the a target on the 22 and pistol range then decided to shoot diagonally across both ranges spraying down the berm and breaking the last 4 birds the boy was shooting at.

Needless to say, I was hot. Had the boy not been there I think the fella would have got a taste of a brass butt plate. Why do people have to be like that? Is that what we have become as a people? I told Bryan (the boy) that the next time he is out of school that his dad can bring him to my farm and we will shoot there where we won't be bothered. I had to leave because the longer I hung around the madder I became. The way this guy was dressed, with his haircut and neatly groomed mustache, he looked like an off duty cop, right down to the piece in the ankle holster. That is the last thing I need is to go all PTSD on a ******* cop.

Sorry for the rant guys but I had to vent somewhere, and was wondering if anyone has had the same experience?

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

that would have gotten him banned from any range I have ever been a member of.

Boolit Buddy
    That is probably the most dooshbag thing I've heard happen on a range and provacative to say the least. You did a good thing by letting it go though and you'll be feelin' better tomorrow!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Today I was at the rifle range ...
    All the clubs I belong to:
    ** One's membership badge must be worn.
    ** The Safety Officer's telephone number is posted if he is not on site
    Regards
    John

Boolit Buddy
    Good on you to walk away and set a good example for the boy

Lousy behavior for sure. My guess is that he is an idiot. Probably because his parents were idiots.

Just remember to use such situations to give the boy a positive lesson. "That my boy, was a douchebag move. Don't do anything like that." Don't let the situation draw you down to his level.
    They call us civilized because we are easy to sneak up on.

If a little is good, a lot is better, and too much is just right.

Frosted Boolits

So because he looked and acted like a d-bag you assume he was a cop???

Hmmm... hopefully you didn't say that in front of the youngster....

And people wonder why the police are shown no respect nowadays....
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

+1 on your example for the boy. He probably will not forget the incident and the way you handled it made it a positive experience for you and the boy.

Boolit Master

Best use for an idiot like that is as a bad example.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Buddy
    South Texas but sometimes it feels like Northern Mexico
    I know that you are mad and RIGHTLY SO. On the other hand you have to feel a little sorry for the silly turd bag that did that. He obviously didn't have a Dad. Probably the closest thing he ever got to that was Mama's boy friend of the week coming in and out of the house. Feral children just don't grow up to be very responsible as adults.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry for your misfortune at the range.

Was that a public range or your local club?

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post

No need to make assumptions, the cops earn their respect or lack thereof.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post

First off I never said a word to the boy about who I thought he was, but the neatly groomed hair and well groomed mustache, along with the ankle holster, and the Large St Louis County PD patch on the jacket he had folded up on the bench, told me he was probably a cop. I am sorry I failed to mention it earlier. The boy saw the jacket as well as his father and I did.

And people wonder why the police are shown no respect nowadays...

As a career Army officer and an NCO before being commissioned I learned that respect is a two way street and something that has to be earned.

All of this took place on a public range and I still have yet to figure why a St Louis County Cop would be at a public range out in the middle of no where one a hard to find back road, unless he was there to stir something up in the first place. How am I and the rest of us suppose to teach the next generation of shooters proper etiquette on a range when they see adults that have none? In all honesty It will be the last time I go back there. I have plenty of room to shoot here on the farm and I think I will just from now on have all of my friends come here, instead of meeting them there.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

I've been on the wrong end of stuff like that before. My favorite is when you put out a few targets for yourself and someone show up and shoots at them for you, while you are shootin at them. Makes it hard to sight in a deer rifle. Usually the guy shooting at them has something like an AK or SKS and with no scope or spotting scope would never know if he was hitting the target anyway.

Then there are people who don't understand the difference between a hot and cold line...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boerrancher View Post
    First off I never said a word to the boy about who I thought he was, but the neatly groomed hair and well groomed mustache, along with the ankle holster, and the Large St Louis County PD patch on the jacket he had folded up on the bench, told me he was probably a cop. I am sorry I failed to mention it earlier. The boy saw the jacket as well as his father and I did.

And people wonder why the police are shown no respect nowadays...

As a career Army officer and an NCO before being commissioned I learned that respect is a two way street and something that has to be earned.

All of this took place on a public range and I still have yet to figure why a St Louis County Cop would be at a public range out in the middle of no where one a hard to find back road, unless he was there to stir something up in the first place. How am I and the rest of us suppose to teach the next generation of shooters proper etiquette on a range when they see adults that have none? In all honesty It will be the last time I go back there. I have plenty of room to shoot here on the farm and I think I will just from now on have all of my friends come here, instead of meeting them there.

Best wishes,

Joe
    Wow local to me. I assume you were at one of the conservation area ranges ... Reifschneider or the one up by troy? Yes I mainly shoot at my farm now because of similar occurrences. I do however go to the public unsupervised ranges to pick up brass.

Boolit Master

Reload3006,

I was at the Little Indian Creek range, and it is one of those that is way out in the boonies in Washington County. The range is closed on Mondays for maintenance and I go there to pick up bullets off of the berm.

Best wishes,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Banned
    Sounds like a few of the young stupid yah hoos from our local range. Got more ego than brains with a gun and friends close by.

Boolit Buddy
    guys like that are the reason people post their land no hunting! They don't care about others or what they are doing--only themselves.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Typical of folks having shoot-first mentality and ask questions later. These are folks who should not have guns, and give us all a bad name. I combat this line of thought every chance I get when I meet such a person. Such folks have such defensive personalities that it is difficult to have an instructive conversation with. Witness several folks on this board. ... felix
    felix

You shoulda just started to shoot your smoke pole's on both side's of him.
    Wait for him to set up a target and shoot at it.
    Did you get a licence plate?
    Stunt's like that probablt got him kicked out of the range he belonged to.