Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Show Arrest

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Gun Show Arrest

I hadn't really intended going back to the gun show in Kalispell today, but decided to go troll a rifle through the place, to see if i could sell it.
    When I arrived, there were several cop cars outside the arena.
    As I approached the door, I saw a couple nice gentlemen in blue sitting a-top a draggy pants type, spread on the ground. In the back ground, the spread-ee's pregnant wife/girlfriend was saying, "He didn't take anything!"
    However, by some strange magic, a stainless steel Kimber materialized from inside of his pants. And son of a gun, if he didn't seem to have misplaced the sales receipt. The owner of the gun was also rather insistent that he had not parted with the firearm intentionally.
    The young fellow seemed to not understand that access to both hands were needed to formally cuff him, so an officer kindly explained it with a knee on the back of the neck to get his attention. Considering the guy was resisting, he was lucky that was all he got. He also had a crack pipe in his pocket, I don't know if he had drugs, but he had a big wad of money.
    I'm sure he is not enjoying where he is at the time.
    The show was slow today, not a lot of people, as there is just too much going on this weekend in this area. Dragon boat races, custom rod show, steam show, all kinds of stuff.
    I was paid a compliment by Jerry Fisher, as he thought the rifle I had brought had been made by Dennis Olsen, so I guess my quality is getting up there.
    There were some nice guns there, at pretty good prices, just not much money floating around. I did run into a couple board members and chatted with them for awhile.
    BBQ tonight, and I am stuffed like a tick on a dog's ear.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    That must be the Gun Show Loophole I keep hearing about that they say we need more gun laws to fix.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Moderator Emeritus

He figured he was ENTITLED to that Kimber, since the goobermint has told him he's entitled to just about everything else. Honest mistake....
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Moderator Emeritus

Great story...I love a happy ending
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

In Remembrance
    It would be interesting to know who originally stopped ol' baggy pants from leaving the area.
    Are the cops THAT tuned in to everything that's going on, or did the vendor yell out and the crowd held the dude for the police?

I understand that you may not have that information, Waksupi.
    I am just wonderin' ...

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Gotta love those section 8 oddballs! Reminds me of the 82 year old woman thief who said she'd stop stealing if the government would just give her more money!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    It would be interesting to know who originally stopped ol' baggy pants from leaving the area. Are the cops THAT tuned in to everything that's going on, or did the vendor yell out and the crowd held the dude for the police?

I understand that you may not have that information, Waksupi.
    I am just wonderin' ...

CM
    The annual gunshow in my area hires Police reserves for security (known as the sheriff's posse in my county). They are there starting friday night during setup...24/7 til the last vendors tears down and the Boy Scouts cleanup sunday evening).
    I suspect most gunshows do the same ? Maybe ?
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    That must be the Gun Show Loophole I keep hearing about that they say we need more gun laws to fix.
    Looks like the laws are working...Theft is among the oldest of crimes, and not much has chaged thousands of years later! Knucklehead stole a gun, got caught, and goes to prison with a brand new felony on his record. The crack pipe is a bonus.

But, rest assured, you will not hear about this gun show success story in the media.
    Jon

About a year ago at the smaller Louisville show at the fairgrounds; a young baggie pant darker skinned male was almost out the gun show door when I heard "stop him!". Even though he had baggie pants he ran like a rabbit as he flew right by me. Unfortunate for the thief, he had a gauntlet of the entrance ticket emplyees and show attendees to try and zip through which did not work. About 2 hours later as I was leaving the show, I observed him in the back of the police car. He actually tried to steel from a table that was owned by a father-son retired police/current police gun dealer.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Good story, thanks for sharing. Really like the 1st reply, Loophole, LOL.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Grand Master
    And that young meth mope was just getting his life back together when some malicious tableholder PLANTED that Kimber on him. He was set up. And the helicopter that follows him around needs to land once in a while, too.

The ChiComs still have the only realistic drug therapy program in existence. 100% effective, too.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Stolen gun from a gun show and a roll of cash in his pocket ? Bet he's clueless as to how his girlfriend got knocked up too.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    I do LOVE a happy ending!
    Lets hope the courts give us one!

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Quote Originally Posted by smkummer View Post
    About a year ago at the smaller Louisville show at the fairgrounds; a young baggie pant darker skinned male was almost out the gun show door when I heard "stop him!". Even though he had baggie pants he ran like a rabbit as he flew right by me. Unfortunate for the thief, he had a gauntlet of the entrance ticket emplyees and show attendees to try and zip through which did not work. About 2 hours later as I was leaving the show, I observed him in the back of the police car. He actually tried to steel from a table that was owned by a father-son retired police/current police gun dealer.
    Was he bloody about the head and shoulders? If he wasn't, he should have been.

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    This one was caught by the vendors, and the shows here always have their own security force.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

I hate a liar almost as much as a thief. They are usually one in the same.
    What ya wanna bet he's already home and at it again?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    I hate a liar almost as much as a thief. They are usually one in the same.
    What ya wanna bet he's already home and at it again?
    Sad to think about, but likely true. Seems with most people like that they will just continue to try things like that. If you get away with it you win, if you get caught, you lose, today he lost but what is one more black mark on his record? The majority of them don't really care. It is nice to hear that he didn't get away with it though!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Just another victim. I love watching the TV news footage of the victim suffering 'police brutality'.

Boolit Master

If the pistol was stolen from an FFL dealer then old baggy pants is in for a Federal rap.

I doubt he is back home. This is a real gun area, with around 30 firearm related manufacturers in the valley. Most of the cops are shooters, the judges are all shooters. I suspect he may be made an example of. The theft WAS from an FFL.