MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New swapping and selling rules as of 7-17-15?

New swapping and selling rules as of 7-17-15?

Any idea why the change to 3 open threads per month and no more than 3 items per thread?was there a problem of some sort?
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Grand Master

That's going to really hurt the older guys that are getting out of the hobby and want to pass their tools on to a good home. It seems that some members were going to estate sales and selling large quantities of items. I understand it but an arbitrary limit on the number of threads and items seems ridiculous. The forum is already very busy.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    That's going to really hurt the older guys that are getting out of the hobby and want to pass their tools on to a good home. It seems that some members were going to estate sales and selling large quantities of items. I understand it but an arbitrary limit on the number of threads and items seems ridiculous. The forum is already very busy.
    For those wanting to sell a long list of items, do like some sellers already do - post an ad with a link to a .PDF list, or have the buyer email or PM you for a list.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Yep the old typical abuse by some has put the wammy on those who did not try to take advantage of this fine place. The leeches are always about.
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Good morning
    Yep the old typical abuse by some has put the wammy on those who did not try to take advantage of this fine place. The leeches are always about.
    Mike in Peru

Yep bout sums it up
    Frank G.

You should also notice that new members now need 6 months membership and 100 relevant posts.
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Boolit Master

Pretty significant changes for initial posters too. But, like always, the owner gets to set the rules ! I'm just glad to be here.
    Would be nice if OPs had a button to move a thread to "SOLD" though.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    You should also notice that new members now need 6 months membership and 100 relevant posts.
    I did see that. I know it's a private forum and we have to live w/ the rules. But was there that much abuse? Could it not be handled on a case by case basis? Brassmagnet won't be able to buy as many items now

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I did see that. I know it's a private forum and we have to live w/ the rules. But was there that much abuse? Could it not be handled on a case by case basis? Brassmagnet won't be able to buy as many items now
    Mrs. Brass has already addressed that issue. Mrs. Brass has banned me from Swapping & Selling!

Freedom for the masses at last!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I always took great satisfaction passing good deals on to fellow forum members when I found things. Have gone out of my way many times to buy things I found to bring them here to sell them to "us" at a lower price than any of the selling sites. If I've got to worry about getting hassled over too many things or not enough time in between sales,,,,,,.

Sounds like PC Zero Tolerance style management instead of the traditional, case by case Moderation, which always *seemed* to work in the past.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    If you are going to sell a lot of stuff all the time you should become a vendor and list items on your vendor page.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    If you are going to sell a lot of stuff all the time you should become a vendor and list items on your vendor page.
    I agree w/ this. But I'm betting the traffic to the vendor pages is low. Just as a for instance. I can't view the VS forum on Tapatalk. I'd guess that other forum readers might be the same. If I was going to estate sales w/ the plan of reselling a large number of items I would become a vendor sponsor.

In Remembrance
    I have always wondered what the 'no laundry lists' rule was supposed to mean ...
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    Not going to effect my enjoyment of this wonderful site.
    May be an issue when I get around to cleaning up and have a pile of misc brass that I would like to sell, but I will survive.

The one issue is members that for financial reasons have to liquidate their collections.

We have in the past had members that need to raise money for unexpected moving, healthcare or other reasons.
    I know that the site is for the sharing of information, not a for profit venture, but the cast boolit family has always stepped up to help members in need, and that has always made me proud.

Even auction style sales that bring more money than the items may be worth.
    There is no more giving online community that I have ever been a part of.

I just wonder how the new rules will effect members who truly need to raise some emergency funds, and would rather deal with 'family' than the unknowns of other venues.

While even here there have been issues, they are the exceptions, at least as far as I know.

Too bad that some had to abuse the hospitality of the forum and bring us to this.

Time to sort/sell some unneeded brass and renew my subscription (kind of stopped using paypal, ao auto renew failed this year).

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar

We have a winner !

It sure does seem that some members are in actual fact vendors, because of their volume of items and repeat sales.

Now I look at the "stuff" for sale and buy, and occasionally sell personal "stuff". I do.

But when a member continuously runs various merchandise for sale, he should post in the vendor area to sell the "stuff" he bought TO SELL.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Quote Originally Posted by mjwcaster View Post
    Not going to effect my enjoyment of this wonderful site.
    May be an issue when I get around to cleaning up and have a pile of misc brass that I would like to sell, but I will survive.

The one issue is members that for financial reasons have to liquidate their collections.

We have in the past had members that need to raise money for unexpected moving, healthcare or other reasons.
    I know that the site is for the sharing of information, not a for profit venture, but the cast boolit family has always stepped up to help members in need, and that has always made me proud.

Even auction style sales that bring more money than the items may be worth.
    There is no more giving online community that I have ever been a part of.

I just wonder how the new rules will effect members who truly need to raise some emergency funds, and would rather deal with 'family' than the unknowns of other venues.

While even here there have been issues, they are the exceptions, at least as far as I know.

Too bad that some had to abuse the hospitality of the forum and bring us to this.

Time to sort/sell some unneeded brass and renew my subscription (kind of stopped using paypal, ao auto renew failed this year).
    Members in need can always contact myself onokie or No_1 and we will give consideration to waiving that rule for the member. And as some have guessed there were to many abusing the S&S. steve k
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

I am usually selling things off for old friends that are no longer shooting as a favor to them.I make nothing for it and prefer not to do ebay.I guess i might have to list other places rather than spend the $100 a year for a vendor fee.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master
    75% of the time, if I came across a laundry list, I just moved to the next thread. Half of the time, I couldn't make sense out of them.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fishhawk View Post
    Members in need can always contact myself onokie or No_1 and we will give consideration to waiving that rule for the member. And as some have guessed there were to many abusing the S&S. steve k
    I had hoped and figured that this would be the case.

Thanks Fishhawk and the castboolits team for all your work, I don't think I would be casting if it wasn't for this site.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Read the sticky thread in Swappin and Sellin titled "Casual Sales".

Also, Vendor Sponsors are not limited to only selling from their sub forum. They can post items for sale in the main S&S forum.

Yes, we get complaints about the VS selling items in the main S&S forum.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud