RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 44 Special

HONCHO EMERITUS

8 grains of Power Pistol is under 16,000 psi according to Quickload. This was ran with a NOE 429421 that weighed 263 grains with my alloy.

The load was taken from the above inked Brian Pierce article. He advises that with a 250 grain cast swc 8 grains of Power Pistol is under 15,000 psi.
    Last edited by Dutch4122; 10-06-2015 at 04:07 PM.
    -Matt
    Group Buys Honcho'd: C326-175-FN, 434-210-RF, C434-210-RF, 30-165-SIL-MOD, 358156-PB, 413-170-Keith, C348-225-FN, 8mm SIL, 45-230-CM, 45-270-Ohaus/SWC, Edd's 28-170-FN

Boolit Master
    I have trimmed mag brass down to spec. It works fine but I hope you have a power trimmer.Hand trimmer PITA

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WALLNUTT View Post
    I have trimmed mag brass down to spec. It works fine but I hope you have a power trimmer.Hand trimmer PITA
    Lee Trimmer and a cordless drill. Check your finished length every few hundred as the stop pin can wear. It can be shimmed or trimmed to get exact length. I used to turn split Mags into Specials.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Lee Trimmer and a cordless drill. Check your finished length every few hundred as the stop pin can wear. It can be shimmed or trimmed to get exact length. I used to turn split Mags into Specials.
    I have done the same--works well.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I got lucky and just snared some starline special cases at the "old price" (when the aussie dollar had buying power) for use in my Ruger bolt gun.

I'm looking forward to launching some longer boolits that the short magazine can't accommodate.

I've been using 10 grains Blue Dot with a 250 Keith swc. Just over 915 fps in my Shorty Bisley Flattop, 4-5/8" bbl.

I've been meaning to work up some loads with 2400 and AA9.

I have a new model Ruger BH Flattop. No deer/animals yet. But load and would shoot any of the following loads for deer/hogs. The Skeeter load of 7.5 Unique, the ~8 grns of Power Pistol (think my accuracy load is 8.2), and I shoot a near max 2400 load as well - actually the one I have been carrying into the woods - 16 grns of 2400. BUT, won't say if it is to much for the Smith. And I don't shoot a lot of them, even in the Ruger. All are pushing a 255 grn Keith 429421 clone