Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: is it true lee 6 cavity mold handles will fit lyman

is it true lee 6 cavity mold handles will fit lyman

I am reading the verbage on Lee mold handles, , It says that lee mold handles
    " Lee's precision steel mold handles fit not only the Lee six cavity blocks, but most other brands of one and two cavity molds. Priced low enough so you can have a set for every pair of blocks.
    "

Is this true. If i had a set of 6 cavity lee handle i could check myself . Thanks for the help

Old guy getting back into reloading

Yes they do fit. Lee handles are pretty much all I use on my Lyman molds. Sometimes I will use a piece of soda can as a shim to ensure a not-so-loose fit. Most of the molds are tight enough that the shim is not required. I also have a set of handles that I use specifically on my Saeco molds as well. I had to open up the screw holes and file down the nose of the handles ever so slightly to make them fit. I marked them so I don't use them on anything but the Saecos. I don't mind changing handles when I'm setting up to cast. In other words, I don't keep handles on my molds. I store them in their boxes inside an ammo can.

thanks ever so muich, I have a lyman 2 cavity mold i have never used because id did not want to send the money for the handles. I have 3 lyman four chavity molds and only one set of handles.

Question It has been so many years since I turned on my lead pot. and cast bullets. What I am am curious about is can I lay down one set of handles for it to cool a little and fill another mold while I am the first one is cooling?

thanks

Boolit Grand Master

I usually cast using 2 different molds in that manner. It allows moulds to cool off and not over heat.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

I've got two sets of handles from RedRiverRick, one for Lee 6-cavs and one for Lyman 1 and 2cavs. I got a wild hair and tryed my 2cav molds on the 6-cav handles and didn't like the way they fit. I tryed a 1cav lyman mold on the the 6-cav handles and it was butter. Now I can cast with two Lyman molds and get good output from both.

Boolit Bub
    The lee handles will fit the rcbs molds as well,I bought an rcbs mold and not wanting to spend the money on rcbs handles I had to grind down the noses (I used an angle grinder) and they fit perfectly

Boolit Grand Master
    Now the next concern is finding someone who has Lee handles in stock and can ship them.

It will take months for Lee to dig out from under this " landslide of demand " for reloading equipment.

agree, suspect that is the reason prices for anything on Ebay are greater than suggested retail for used items. I saw a hornady shell plate #16 sell for 102.50 when midway sells for about 28

I have had two lyman handles on back order for two month or so at midway.

Boolit Master
    check Natchez and Midsouth shooters supply each morning. Both have had the Lee handles in stock off and on for the last couple of weeks. They go fast. I snagged 4 of them from Natchez last week for $11.49 each -- sure beats paying scalper's prices on evilbay or gunbroker.
    ph4570

i put three lee six cavity on back order with midway. i have an expected date of 5/18 this year ,, pun intented

i often get email saying stuff is available then when i try to order is out of stock again, back order with midway seems better. Cabales not bad but dont like paying sales tax of 8%.

Boolit Bub
    Just got delivery of a set from Graf's-check 'em out.

As to fit, all I had to do was grind off a tiny amount from the width and then wire brushed it to remove any rough spots and she fits like a hand in a glove (not OJ's however )
    I like to keep an extra set of handles to let one set of molds cool while I keep casting.

Gary

i put a RCBS two cavity mould on an old style Lyman six cavity handle , (hinge at the end). Works pretty good. I can improve a little with some soda pop cans slices as shims. Seems easier than grinding down a set of Lee six cavity moulds

Boolit Master
    Perfect fit with Lyman moulds, a bit of filing or grinding and they fit RCBS. I don't have any Lee 6-cavity moulds, but I understand they fit them, as well