Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 45 or 44

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    Well said. 44man and i clash as much as any two guys on this fourm but we know each other well enough to know that were both bull headed old sobs and we respect each others opinions. Why? becaus they come from burning powder and killing animals. We all know theres more then one way to skin a cat and thats what this forum is about. If one man had all the answers he sure wouldnt need to come here to learn. If a guy keeps at least a somewhat open mind he can learn even from an opinion he doesnt totatly agree with. As to mild insults, were all adults and its part of everyday life and if you dont have the guts to take a bit you aint much of a man. Hell my wife gives me more everyday then ive got from years on here.

Lloyd, you're only a few years older than me -- you're not old (I keep trying to convince myself and I figure that the more I repeat it, the more likely I will begin to believe it). 44man, on the other hand......(sorry Jim! )

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Whitworth View Post
    (I keep trying to convince myself and I figure that the more I repeat it, the more likely I will begin to believe it).
    That's the path to the dark side Luke.
    Liberals been doing that for decades, look where it got 'em.
    Matt

44 Special Articles

With regards to gun control in this country, everyone should be asking themselves one question:
    What is it that this government feels they need to do, but can't do, unless the citizens of this nation are first disarmed?
    (I seriously doubt you can come up with any plausible answers that you will like...)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGunnerySergeant View Post
    With respect to the content of your comments, I am the only party relevant to determining whether or not they are insulting. Thus far, you posted nothing insulting.

I was beginning to rather enjoy the rumble, so to speak. I like people who can hold their own, and tend to respect those who refuse to wither under my, oft times relentless and forceful personality. Well done.

For what it's worth; you would be precisely the type individual that I would prefer to have in my command when it “hit the fan", in spite of your fondness for spit ball weaponry.

Semper Fi,

Well, that's high praise indeed! Thanks Top. No offense on this end either, even though you insist on carrying around that big, archiac weaponry...
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Bub MasterGunnerySergeant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ole 5 hole group View Post
    I truely don't understand Master Guns, being nice-nice when you got bullets and the others don't - ground checking is never a bad idea - but I guess the rumble has to stop sometime. I learned from your posts and now better understand the "why's" - Thank you. Those 0.429's just keep coming back for an **** kicking, I think they like it that way
    I hear you brother, but you have to give the man some credit. He did manage to get a little wood on the ball once or twice. That's what made it fun for me and presumably interesting, if 3800 views are any indication.

Of course the Marine Corps is a Department of the Navy.
    We're the Men's Department

Perma-Banned

Just so you know, MasterGunnerySergeant is a MARINE. This means that he is NOT an E-9. he is a Master Gunnery Sergeant. E-9's reside in the Army and other branches.

Staff Sergeant, USMC

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIII View Post
    Just so you know, MasterGunnerySergeant is a MARINE. This means that he is NOT an E-9. he is a Master Gunnery Sergeant. E-9's reside in the Army and other branches.

Staff Sergeant, USMC
    E-9 is simply a designation of rank in all of the services. You are a Staff Sgt and therefore an E-6.

Banned

I don't care what you are, a Marine, a Grunt, a Sailor, or a Fly Boy, you are the best!
    I wish every person in this country had to serve BEFORE going to some liberal school. Maybe two year old's should be drafted and taught at the start what America is all about. Teachers OUT, drill sergeants IN!

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range. txpete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post
    I don't care what you are, a Marine, a Grunt, a Sailor, or a Fly Boy, you are the best!
    I wish every person in this country had to serve BEFORE going to some liberal school. Maybe two year old's should be drafted and taught at the start what America is all about. Teachers OUT, drill sergeants IN!
    +1.... talk about some crying liberals if they ever started the draft back up.

But wait everyone wanted OBAMA for the change, I hope everyone gets there fair share of him looks like there will be no cost of living increase for Social Security again this year.I think maybe we should start educating people again so they understand how we got freedom in this country in the first place!!!

Jason

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by txpete View Post
    +1.... talk about some crying liberals if they ever started the draft back up.
    maybe them liberals would all leave for Canada or Mexico.

we could hope....

Excuse me! You can keep your brain dead Liberals and right wing wackos south of the 49th thank-you. We got enough problems on our hands without importing more.

I'll throw my vote for the .45LC. Love the cartridge. Next buy on my list is the Ruger Redhwk 4.2" in .45..

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    Excuse me! You can keep your brain dead Liberals and right wing wackos south of the 49th thank-you. We got enough problems on our hands without importing more.

I'll throw my vote for the .45LC. Love the cartridge. Next buy on my list is the Ruger Redhwk 4.2" in .45..

Take Care

Bob
    I don't blame you, we don't want 'em either.......

Boolit Master

Staff Sergeant, USMC
    E-9 is simply a designation of rank in all of the services. You are a Staff Sgt and therefore an E-6.
    Actually E-9 is a pay-grade. This paygrade system was instituted by the military, but Congress stepped in and decided that all personnel should receive corresponding pay to their responsibilities, regardless of which branch they serve in, which lead to the changes of equalizing and uniforming the paygrade system amongst the various branches.

Due to increasing joint operations, they began to be looked at as an easy way to determine seniority of members of different services, without resorting to looking at a chart of the 50 or so names/insignia of all the different enlisted ranks in the five services.

I recognize and understand Marine pride, OBIII, but you know what I meant...
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    Next buy on my list is the Ruger Redhwk 4.2" in .45..
    Bob
    I will get my 4 inch redhawk out of layaway next month. amazingly enough for this thread in 44.
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 500bfrman View Post
    I will get my 4 inch redhawk out of layaway next month. amazingly enough for this thread in 44.

You won't be sorry!
    Semper Fidelis

Perma-Banned

Cool

Army, huh?

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Master
    Army, huh?
    No, a Marine. 0311 -- 03 walk-a lot to be exact. Pay grades are pay grades. Go look at your old LES forms (Leave and Earning Statements) and it will clearly list your pay grade. My DD214 clearly lists it as well.
    Semper Fidelis

Perma-Banned

Cool

No, a Marine. 0311 -- 03 walk-a lot to be exact. Pay grades are pay grades. Go look at your old LES forms (Leave and Earning Statements) and it will clearly list your pay grade. My DD214 clearly lists it as well.
    Come on, if you were a Marine you know that while the E-9 is a pay grade designation, Senior Marines did not like to be referred to as an E-7. It was Gunnery Sergeant or nothing. I think that we all know what the designations mean, but in my day if you said someone was a Master Gunnery Sergeant, you knew that he was an E-9. At least that's the way it was during my 8 1/2 years in the Corp. It's a Marine thing. :>)

Boolit Master
    Come on, if you were a Marine you know that while the E-9 is a pay grade designation, Senior Marines did not like to be referred to as an E-7. It was Gunnery Sergeant or nothing. I think that we all know what the designations mean, but in my day if you said someone was a Master Gunnery Sergeant, you knew that he was an E-9. At least that's the way it was during my 8 1/2 years in the Corp. It's a Marine thing. :>)
    Of course not, but who in the hell called him "E-9?" And yes, I was a Marine, and not in some support role either. Did someone actually address the Master Guns as E-9? Or are we making much ado about absolutely nothing?
    Semper Fidelis

Perma-Banned

I just think that we are having a debate about much ado about nothing. When I went into the Marines, my dream choices in basic were Infantry, Armor, or Artillery. My evaluator looked at me and said, son, with these scores you can be anything you want to be. How about computers or electronics? I said, Infantry, Armor, Artillery. I wound up as a 2841 Ground Radio Repairman, obtaining a 2861 MOS after re-enlisting. So, even tho I wanted to be a grunt, I wound up in support. Probably would have had a better chance if I had gone in for two years, rather than four (my recruiter talked me out of signing up for six). Someone, in one of the original posts made the comment about E-9, and I just had to open my alligator mouth. Just playin Marine.

Semper Fi Whitworth