Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Lead will melt inside your barrel over 1200 fps"

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    Shortened terms that YOU are familiar with, are not necessarily familiar to everyone, and using them often leaves most of us groping in the dark. This applies not only to geography, but to many other subjects as well.
    When in doubt, I use Google. It knows everything.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master
    WILCO: I'm with BruceB on this one who the he!! would have known it was a local gun club except maybe the club members. Any more I just skip reading the ones with a lot of shortened words. Yeah I know some abreviations are ok like GC or Gr. and a very few others that I can't remember, so give us a break guys if you can't spell it look it up.
    This is not pointed at you WILCO, I go to Google for a lot of things also but, GCL? Smiles!!!!!

I for one don't want too many of these gun club, magazine reading experts to start casting their own. I mine those berms at my club for quite a bit of my lead supply, and don't need them doing the same thing. Let them keep believing what they believe, and let the guys who buy storebought cast bullets keep firing into those berms. On the pleasant afternoons when nobody's at my club, I always pick up a coffee can full of lead out of those berms. I don't need competition for this supply.
    Darn it, though--maybe I better look at my guns to make sure the barrels are not plugged with all of that melted-up lead, or that my rifling is worn out from shooting all of my homecast bullets. Until I read this thread with you guys pointing out all of that advice the "experts" at your ranges have been giving you, I was totally unaware of the pitfalls.