Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Hollywood Types out there???

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Chris you are certainly welcome to post items for sale here,, only one caveat, 25 posts and you are well on your way there.
    And posting questions is encouraged, we all get a chance to learn by reviewing whats known.
    Those boxes of brass sure do shine BTW. I would appreciate a pm about that stuff :P
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Thanks 45Nut.

Boolit Master
    The press on the far right is a Hollywood Universal model 3. It sold for $150.00 in the late '50's! I had 3 of these at one time. Inow have a senior turret, it is much more rigid and has better leverage than the Universal model.

KLW is the expert to ask here about presses.

Here is a picture of my Universals and a #5 scout rifle.

Banned
    Use to collect Universals and Hollywood Universals. Never was much interested in the Senior's, however, and three of these are Seniors. Bought my examples of the one at each end of your picture from John Amber if memory serves.

The one on the leftis a Hollywood Senior. A couple of firms made those starting with the Hollywood Gun Shop.

The two in the middle are the single stage versions of the Senior. Never understood the appeal of that model but...

The one on the right is a Super, I think the name was. That was the biggest and last of the three turret Hollywoods. Oddly enought it was reintroduced shortly after its 50th birthday (a couple years late) again my M&M. Don't know if they made or sold any but I know that they advertised them for a bit.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

Old Tools

any one have a modern-bond press?its small and odd threads

Boolit Master
    KLW you are correct, that is a Super turret, not a Universal 3. I would love to buy a Super turret.

Quasi,

I'm going to be selling off these Hollywoods including the Super. I have one of the Seniors on Ebay now. I know that shipping and Customs for Canada would be VERY expensive and a pain in the A$$. I shipped a Rock Chucker up there one time and there were lots of problems with the Canadian customs, he eventually got it.

Boolit Master
    It was $55.00 for me to ship a Universal3 with a st of 12 guage dies to Florida. It is around $1.10 a pound to ship from the US to my address via USPS or UPS. Not to bad really. I will keep watch on Ebay. thankyou.