RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: looking at the nelw 300 Black out bolt guns

Boolit Master

looking at the nelw 300 Black out bolt guns

I have been shooting a encore 300 whisper for several years. Its a nice compact 20" set up with thumb hole stock. Im really considering selling several guns to get a new bolt action with nice low power tactical optics. I like the new Mossberg and the REM
    . If this happens it will take several months to sell everything and business slowing down for me to make this happen. Just would like to hear some feedback of people shooting something like this. Im building a nice 300 blackout AR so the mag in the Mossberg is really nice but the stocks are not that great.

The encore shoots lead pretty well and I still want something that can take a steady diet of lead to the target and them use the can with jacketed.

You might want to visit
    WWW.300blktalk.com

Boolit Master
    I have a Savage Axis 223 that I swapped out the barrel for a 16 inch 300 blk barrel. The gun is a hoot to shoot. It has some ejection issues so pay attention to that when purchasing one. I've heard, but can't confirm, that the Remington 700 has this issue as well.

The ideal setup for a bolt gun would be a mini mauser type action with a claw extractor and a fixed ejector.

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys, I have started doing more research and I more confused than ever. Just thinking that a 300 blackout with high quality low power tactical scope would be a great gun to shoot off hand. I may have to re-barrel to get cast to shoot well. If that is the case a custom build would make sense.

I have been considering the 300 AAC Handi rifle. For $100 less than a new AAC Remington barrel you get that tiny little rifle. 16" bbl, total length 30". Dont get me wrong, I have plenty of other rifles, but this little guy can easily fit onto a pack for hiking and I am sure recoil is nothing. 223 brass is plentiful and it will be a nice thicket/stalking rifle for the kids. With factory ammo the downrange energy does meet my States (CO) min 1000ft/lbs@100Y for hunting, so with handloads, I am sure to meet or exceed this requirement.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...n-300-aac-blk/

That is an older online pic, the new version has a tapered and threaded barrel and a scope rail, no irons.

Boolit Master
    I guess this was intended as a unneeded nitch rifle. I wanted something tactical that would fire subsonic and be good for off hand shooting and plinking. After some research this is not looking as good. Im starting to lean more toward a 458 socom or 50 beowolf. These cartridges would also lend themselves to close range deer hunting . Still researching and finding new stuff like a 510 whisper. Im wanting a nice expensive rifle that I am proud to own that will fill my need at the target range. Something that will impress me in some way on the 100yd and 200yd range. I seem to find that after I bought something I am not as happy with it as I thought. I don't wan t to make a decision because it was on sale or cheap. Don't get me wrong I have not got a lot of money but im willing to sell several guns to buy one and want it to be worth the sacrifice in the end.

Boolit Master

I like the heck out of this! Where can I find one? I didn't see in H&R's on-line catalog.

Boolit Master

This is on my list too. Love the cartridge, for suppressed use primarily, but also think it would make a good youth rifle with supersonics.

For the price, the mossberg looks like a good way to go if they ever hit the market.

The new rem 700 shoots Noe 247's into half inch groups at 50 yards.Very quiet also.Kinda heavy but lots of fun shooting tiny groups.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 45r View Post
    The new rem 700 shoots Noe 247's into half inch groups at 50 yards.Very quiet also.Kinda heavy but lots of fun shooting tiny groups.
    How is the ejection with the rem 700?

Haven't had any problems yet but haven't shot it much.They just came out.I think they got the ejection figured out now.They have an excellent trigger and mine has an excellent tight chamber.Very accurate.I anneal and turn the necks on reformed LC and 223 brass and size .310,no leading.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 45r View Post
    Haven't had any problems yet but haven't shot it much.They just came out.I think they got the ejection figured out now.They have an excellent trigger and mine has an excellent tight chamber.Very accurate.I anneal and turn the necks on reformed LC and 223 brass and size .310,no leading.
    That sounds like something I could enjoy shooting

I didn't see in H&R's on-line catalog

The Handirifle is an AAC exclusive gun.

Quote Originally Posted by roggom View Post
    I have been considering the 300 AAC Handi rifle. For $100 less than a new AAC Remington barrel you get that tiny little rifle. 16" bbl, total length 30". Dont get me wrong, I have plenty of other rifles, but this little guy can easily fit onto a pack for hiking and I am sure recoil is nothing. 223 brass is plentiful and it will be a nice thicket/stalking rifle for the kids. With factory ammo the downrange energy does meet my States (CO) min 1000ft/lbs@100Y for hunting, so with handloads, I am sure to meet or exceed this requirement.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...n-300-aac-blk/

That is an older online pic, the new version has a tapered and threaded barrel and a scope rail, no irons.
    I have one of these as well as a Savage bolt gun and love them both. So many bullet choices.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Boolit Man

We have varmint contour Savage barrels back in stock, sporter contour barrels are still a few weeks out.

Current run are all 1/7 twist, I'm not opposed to making another run of 1/10 or 1/12 twist barrels for the dedicated cast shooters again if there is enough demand.

The Sharpshooter Supply short case ejector kit ($8 from them directly) pretty well fixes any ejection issues on the standard Savage action or Axis. I can't build them for what he sells them for retail.

Bryan

Does anyone make 300 Blk barrel for Mossberg's MVP?

Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Has anyone see factory Mossberg 300 blk in person besides at an industry event? - it seems to be unobtainium

I have rebarreled several CZ 527's to 300 BLK and folks love them. Not the cheapest way to go but they really work well.

-Nobade