RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Cast Boolits family

Boolit Master

I use just 2 forums most days, this one and my local state gun forum.
    Castboolits was recommended as a place to learn casting, well it worked,
    almost to good, wife asks "What is that mold for", all I can say
    is "we NEEDED it to reload"LOL
    If it were not for this site I could not shoot as much as I like.
    As far as foul mouth, I am (was) a Sailor, foul mouth is in me, biker dont help.
    So I have learned to be nice when I have to, as I get older I dont need to
    make myself behave as much.
    Thanks Much guys for letting me learn and partake.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Sometimes I'll be looking for some imfo. and you do a search relating to guns,reloading,or casting and the search engine will give "Cast Boolits" most all the time. That says alot about the sight and the knowledge found on here. Thanks 45nut and all others that supply us with this sight.
    CD

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    This is the only forum I have ever been on that when you ask a question you don't get the typical "Other forums" answers of "That has been beaten over a hundred times so just search for the answer" or some other smart A#*S remark. The resident folks here always have the time and patience to answer any questions even it it has been asked a thousand times before! Yes this is a very special place and I'm thankful I found it.
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Buddy

Yup, this is my home forum. Almost every time I google something gun/reloading related, the first several hit just lead me back here.
    Too many good people here to spend much time anywhere else.
    Thank you Ken and all of the moderators who make this place great.
    "An armed society is a polite society" R.A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988

Boolit Master

For the knowledge base that exists here, I doubt that you can find it elsewhere. For people helping each other and extending "helping hands," the same. I've seen some rude posts and some people getting into other people's face here, needlessly, IMHO. For the most part, I see people getting along and sharing, as well as willing to help one another. Really like a family. Nice place to be.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Moderator Emeritus

The thing that makes this site exceptional is the membership.

I could go into a 3 page discription of the knowledge, charity, compassion etc. shared by the members here, and it would end up saying what my original statement said.

Thank you all (ya'll)
    grit yer teeth an pull the trigger

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Trey and Bret;

I am firmly of the belief that ONE incident of abusive posting to the staff should be grounds for instant termination of the offender. This should also apply to any use of the more-profane language that is used on other sites ("four-letter-words" for lack of better definition).... we all know the common street-level terms of which I speak. I will further suggest that "NAZI" should join the lexicon which will warrant termination,

It's no accident that so many of us consider this to be our Internet "home". Careful attention to administering this decent site has paid off in no uncertain terms, and it's all due to the moderators maintaining a gentle-but-firm grip on the material that gets posted. I add my thanks to all of you to the opinions already expressed....

THANK YOU, after more than eight years of appreciative participation here. I know that mods are human, and might on occasion be mistaken in some way, but with suitable review procedures for moderator actions, there should be little to generate complaints from the general membership.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Newbie member & caster here and I enjoy this site a lot. I have been asking questions and searching for info to help me improve my boolit making skills. Also made a new friend from the site who lives a short drive from my place.

BB

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Home Sweet Home

banger

Boolit Master

Ive only been a member of one other site that was close to this one. It still has good people but it grew very large and the magic was lost. Good moderation is the key. If you have that, the smart people eventually show up and people like me benefit. Thanks 45nut and mods past and present.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Where else in the world can you find a site where sending an item one has sold to a fellow member before the item has been paid for, knowing full well the level of trust will dictate follow-through payment, is a common occurrence?

I've done it several times and other members have afforded me the same level of trust several times. What a community!!
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Yes. They are great for stocking up on year end deals.

No truer words could have been spoken than in your first post. But since I don't frequent other forums and really like a great deal, mind saving me some time and telling me the other forum names?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Love Life
    Depends on what you are looking for. For bullets, brass, primers, powder, etc. You can find deals on most gun forums. Christmas is here and people are dumping all their panic stock.

You just have to check the classifieds all the time.

Boolit Master

I don't have anything new to add to what has already been said. But I just have to add my two cents to say a hardy thank you to Ken, and the whole staff that give so much of their time to keep this site at the top when it comes to other internet sites. I don't waste my time on any other site. As someone posted, "why would I need to?" This site has all I need to feed my need for shooting, reloading, casting, general discussion, etc. Besides you are all such enablers that I can't afford to join any other sites. I tend to spend all my extra money over at swappin and sellin. Thanks to all for making this site No.1.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Back in 06 my PUNK KID " hardware" helped me build my puter.

I do not know how many sites I visited or joined trying to find a place to rest my sorry old bones.

Well I am here and ain't going to leave.

What other site would let you bring in an ornery mule to kick some posteriors using custom made shoes.

When we were fighting for CCW here in Il I asked 45 Nut if I could refer other folks to a special site for more Illinois info.

Well if you have been around for a year or more you knew what Ken said.

Then I pestered Gunload Master about setting up our own group. Several Moderators also jumped in and helped as well.

Tell me of 1 other site where you can feel this type of friendship. Just 1.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Amen brothers and sisters, thanks to all who have made me feel at home.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

I know all the good gooey stuff has been said. So,

Many many thanks to all that make this a great place to be.
    High Hook

Boolit Master
    +++1+++
    Unfortunately some of those smarmy types have infiltrated our neighborhood. An have cost us some good neighbors. In memory of Airborne and Jim.

Boolit Man
    This is definitely my go to site and by far the most family friendly forum for gun talk. I really appreciate the work that goes into making this site available. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Boolit Grand Master

Bret and BruceB pretty much hit my feelings about dead center between the eyes!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying