MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm in trouble.

Boolit Master

I'm in trouble.

You know how women are . . . Now that I think about it, that is a dumb statement, and it's probably why I'm in trouble. No one knows how women are!!!

The reason I'm in the dog house is a week or so age I asked the wife what she wanted for Christmas. And instantly I got the evil eye and she says, "l've been dropping hints all year."

So, now I'm in hot water for not paying attention to every single word she has uttered in my presence over the last 10-11 months. And so far no hints have been forthcoming because she has clammed up. Sometime I think women just love to punish men for just being a man.

I have thought I'd get her nothing, but realized the consequences would more than I could bare for the rest of my life. Getting her things "I" think she would like is no good, I tried that once. I think I'll go the gift card route, what's the worst that could happen?
    How did I get into mess like this and at Christmas.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

e are!
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 05-07-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife has asked me for a list of things I would like for years now. Just no guns, tools or car parts. (what else is there other than books)
    I also ask my wife for a list. Usually get "Ask the girls, they know."
    You, on the other hand, are doomed while I am just in deep poo.
    Actually, a pair of boots came in the mail and she thanked me for letting her order them. She had never said a word to me, but I am off the hook except for a couple of little things to put in her stocking.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Master
    You can't win!

Boolit Buddy

What happened to me was that I got that same you dont pay attention. So if she started talking in my presence and I didn't catch it , I asked her to repeat it. "I wasnt talking to you" was what I got. That didn't last too long.

Boolit Grand Master

My default is a new gun. This year is a Taurus Judge. I usualy say something like " I was going to get you one of the things you pointed out this year but thought you would like this more"
    Its worked so far
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Love Life
    She must want a new 1911.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    You know how women are . . . Now that I think about it, that is a dumb statement, and it's probably why I'm in trouble. No one knows how women are!!!

The reason I'm in the dog house is a week or so age I asked the wife what she wanted for Christmas. And instantly I got the evil eye and she says, "l've been dropping hints all year."

So, now I'm in hot water for not paying attention to every single word she has uttered in my presence over the last 10-11 months. And so far no hints have been forthcoming because she has clammed up. Sometime I think women just love to punish men for just being a man.

I have thought I'd get her nothing, but realized the consequences would more than I could bare for the rest of my life. Getting her things "I" think she would like is no good, I tried that once. I think I'll go the gift card route, what's the worst that could happen?
    How did I get into mess like this and at Christmas.
    Thats nothing!!!
    Last week my wife called me saying her car quit and won't start. (Now keep in mind I'm a trucker and I was 300 miles away) I replied what do I look like? A freakin fairy with a magic wand? She just didn't see the humor in it.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

I finally quit playing the game. Told he I wanted to get her nice things she WANTED! Told her to simply write down a list.

So other day, she says she had written things down, but no clue where the list was and really couldn't remember! RUKM?!? So she finally DID write down another list, but it is also kinda generic. Bottom line - you can't win! And then, she gets all ticked when the boys and I basically go Christmas shopping together to pick out gifts - either brick and mortar or online. She wants everyone to be surprised. I have 5 boys, so she is going to loose this battle. We just say we will wrap up all the things we buy and act surprised when we unwrap them!

And then she goes out and buys a bunch of camo hunting coveralls for the boys, and then feels sorry for them that they are going hunting and my freeze to death. So she gives them their Christmas coveralls early!

Noticing a trend here?!? "No one knows how women are!!!" You hit the nail on the head!

Quote Originally Posted by merlin101 View Post
    Thats nothing!!!
    Last week my wife called me saying her car quit and won't start. (Now keep in mind I'm a trucker and I was 300 miles away) I replied what do I look like? A freakin fairy with a magic wand? She just didn't see the humor in it.
    There is absolutely NOTHING in the WORLD that pisses me off more than THAT call! And the fact that the tone is that is ALL MY FAULT HER car won't run!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    She must want a new 1911.
    Why? To use it on me?

I'm thinking a lump of coal this year. Friends were over a couple months ago, we (she) got to talking flat screens(they have a big one), got to discussing where we could put one. Now the wife says we're going to get one for Christmas cause I want one. You can't win!!! Told me this morning the mail box is frozen shut. So what? Don't even know if they will deliver anytime today but dutifully went out and unfroze it. With a rubber mallet.
    Attachment 89711
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    I played the "oh i'm sorry game" for a couple years. Now she tells me exactly what she wants. we are so much happier now.

Boolit Master
    Why cant women understand that the fact that they never stop squawking is why we tune them out?
    They don't have a lot to say, but they are always talking.
    No wonder I dont have one

If i were you, i would just go to Jared and get her something very very shiney.... When life deals you lemons, learn to make lemonaide.... Ladys love the shineys. With the right tool, you can turn defeat into victory.... Just choose your next words carefully on christmas morning, so they wont be your last..... LMAO....

Boolit Master
    I don't do Christmas presents. Or birthdays and for D sure don't do valenpukes day.

It was rough first couple of years but she gets it now. If you want something, GO BUY IT! Don't put me on a witch trial because I'm a stupid man. I love ya, I work everyday, take care of you. I don't run around on you, I'd fight, kill and gladly die for you. What the hell else you want from me?
    We've been married going on 12 years. Been together about 15 and we've known each other since second grade.

She hardly even brings it up any more.

Boolit Master

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Marriage is the collision of opposites, that results in a fine and pleasant misery. Enjoy the fine and pleasant, endure the misery."

Boolit Master
    Sure glad I don't have your problem. Mrs. smokeywolf looks and most of the time acts like a woman, except she's logical like a man. She has said many times that one her favorite gifts that she's received from me was a new fishing rod and reel that she used just a few weeks later to land an 18+ lb. striped bass. She's always said that flowers and jewelry are a waste. She'd rather have electronics, books, cooking related hardware, firearms or fishing supplies.

I count my blessings every day.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

After 49+ years, we are always surprised at what we got each other. It's always the right color, and size, but the price is never mentioned.
    Last year she loved my rifle, and I was fond of her new transmission.

In Remembrance
    You aren't in trouble (yet). Just don't get her anything, and at least you will find out what "in trouble", really means. lol