Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sodiun Sterate question for chemist ?

Boolit Grand Master

I cleaned this thread up.
    Insulting other members is not allowed on this board, and neither is returning fire.
    The little triangle under the offending persons avatar reports the thread to Staff. I suggest it be used in the future, otherwise Staff has no knowledge of the thread unless one of us (who is not personally involved) trips over it like I did.
    As usual, we can't help you if you don't help us a little.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you Robert!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Buddy
    Mmmmyeahhh...

I see little point in sniping at people who:
    a. set out (and modified slightly along the way) a very, very high performance standard for a Utopia-lube; and
    b. openly acknowledged the suitability of *several* lubes for various *portions* of that high standard; and
    c. did not abandon the sought-after standard by declaring "victory" with a few formulations that require a tweak/modification for either cold weather or hot weather performance; and
    d. as far as I could tell, praised the successes of others; and
    e. did NOT p**s on anyone else's conclusions that formulation(s) x, y, or z were "good enough" for that person's needs; and
    f. honestly assessed their own formulations and rejected more than one for problems that many boolit shooters would never encounter in their uses (like higher-pressure loads in rifles--one mix as I remember really was ideal for everything except that single application); and
    g. obviously got over any friction they had and replaced that months ago with good-natured ribbing.

What do they call people who come into the middle of a thread and post **** and disappear to presumably watch the resulting carnage? What was here from one poster was in that vein, but not quite bad enough for the ban-hammer to fall. It matters not that he/she/it posted in a new thread. Most of us here are familiar with the back-story.

Interesting though how we still cannot seem to get away from the beeswax.

And now back to your regular programming.

Boolit Grand Master
    Let it go Grump. That thread is now dead as a door nail. I don't see any new work being posted there again.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.