WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 220 in 10MM!

Frosted Boolits

Sig 220 in 10MM!

Anyone else excited that Sig is coming out with the 220 chambered in 10MM? Think it will take off? Think we will see the similar chambering in other models?
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Love Life
    I'd be a buyer if I could get one Single Action Only.

Bruce Gray has been doing conversions for a while, so there is obviously a market.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Master
    I have always wanted a sig 220 and 10mm is my favorite auto pistol cartridge. So I will be putting some coin aside for this one.

Boolit Master

Me too. I've always wanted a 220, I've shot a few in .45. 10mm would seal that deal.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I'd be a buyer if I could get one Single Action Only.
    Looks like they will offer a SAO
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Buddy
    Interesting. Been wanting a 10 for a while but the Delta is kinda pricey and I'm just not into glocks. Never really been a Sig guy either though. I'm still waiting for the FNX to be released in 10. I love my 45 version.

Have to check into it.

Love my 220 in 45.

Looking into getting SAO version in either full size or carry.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    looks like they will offer a sao
    yes!!!!!

Sig is a little late to the party, but better late than never. Good news for sure.

Boolit Master
    Gonna have to start saving my pennies. I love me some Sig and love the 10mm.

Boolit Buddy

http://para-usa.com/2013/firearms/elite/hunter.php
    another option in 10mm. It does shoot nice and accurate.

Love Life
    Hopefully this Sig will be able to eat a steady diet of full power 10mm loads and feed WFN boolits. If it will, then I have a bag of 1,000 starline brass already sized and trimmed and an 8lb jug of 800X for it.

From what I have found though is this won't be out in the near future. When it hits the streets initially it'll probably over priced when found.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Six View Post
    Interesting. Been wanting a 10 for a while but the Delta is kinda pricey and I'm just not into glocks. Never really been a Sig guy either though. I'm still waiting for the FNX to be released in 10. I love my 45 version.
    I have a G29 and G20, but I also have my eyes on a RIA 1911 in 10mm.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Hopefully this Sig will be able to eat a steady diet of full power 10mm loads and feed WFN boolits. If it will, then I have a bag of 1,000 starline brass already sized and trimmed and an 8lb jug of 800X for it.

From what I have found though is this won't be out in the near future. When it hits the streets initially it'll probably over priced when found.
    Hmm, hadn't thought about that. My P220 45 acp doesn't like cast boolits, but eats everything jacketed I have fed it. My P16-40 in 10mm eats the WFNs just fine though. That could be an issue.

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks like all the announced variants will come on stainless steel receivers. SS is sterner stuff than the blue-steel P-220's aluminum alloy frame material. 10mm stresses are no joke.

I got out of the 10mm game a year or so ago. Changes in CCW regs at the old shop disallowed the caliber, so having it around eating casting alloy made little sense. Dunno if I'll re-up with the TenGun or not.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    I still really want one of the 227 double stack 45s. Guess the new 220 in 10mm will have to be number 2 on my short list.

Dave

Boolit Grand Master
    For them's as likes 'em, more power to ya.
    Although I like Sigs, I can not enthuse over the 10 mm. In my experience with an early Colt Delta Elite, I could not get groups to match my desires. As I recall, it would run 3-5 inches at 25 yards, sometimes a bit worse and rarely, just to taunt me, it would plunk 4 shots practically touching, only to return to its normal practice thereafter. It had a pronounced tendency to throw first round fliers and I found the recoil troubling. My right wrist would hurt after a box or two of hot 180 grain loads, much more so than it would after shooting a similar quantity of 44 magnums from my Red Hawk. I sold it off and have seen no need to tread that path again.
    The 227, OTH, intrigues the heck out of me.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    That P-227 does a lot of things right for Californians. It makes full use of all possible magazine space (10 rounds) without exceeding the State-mandated limit. I can see myself shedding some sheckels on one of these. I have pondered a P-226 in 40 S&W, but didn't want to risk frame-stressing the alloy receiver. 40 S&W pressure/back-thrust is no joke, either. I opted for a CZ-75B in 40 S&W. The P-227's gentler 45 ACP pressures seem like the best of all possible worlds for a receiver design originally suited to 9mm cartridges.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

No interest in the 10mm or Sigs but for those that do, great, if they come out with it.