RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: Tumble coating bullet question

Boolit Mold

Tumble coating bullet question

I have read through numerous pages looking for this info, but not seeing what I'm looking for.
    i am new to powder coating and have use a couple of colors (red, yellow) from HF with very good coating success, but I'd like to use some bright colors to try now.
    my question is, where is the best place to get the best colors and if I want to do something in a bright zombie green do I need to multi coat or use some type of base color to get the bright shiny coatings?
    thanks in advance......this hobby seems to be an addiction 😊

Look up member: smoke4320

Boolit Buddy
    That was two questions...

1. Check for any powdercoating shops near you; if you ask nicely they'll usually give you a small sample for free or sell you a small amount to try. If you find something works well, you can try buying from them, or try something like powderbythepound.com ; a pound of PC will go a long way!

2. It depends on the color and the manufacturer. For deep, vibrant or neon-style colors, you might have to a white base coat first. A lot of times, you can get a nice shiny bullet with one coat. Look at the spec sheets for the colors, and if they are the same base, you can usually mix them, i.e. red and blue to make purple bullets, yellow and blue to make green, and change up the ratios for different shades...just like mixing liquid paint. Metallic colors are fun to play with, and you can get a neat effect with light coats of colors where you can still see the shiny lead underneath.