WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do you Take off Rubber Boots.

Boolit Buddy

nuther boot jack user here

Why wear rubber boots? Buy good water proof rocky boots........

Boolit Master
    Boot Jack...carries easy in the bottom of the duffle...and if the camp doesn't have one...leave it for them when you leave. Simple and cheap to make.

Boolit Master
    At home I have a cast iron boot jack. It is cast in the shape of a giant bug with the "feelers" forming the "V" of the jack. In the bush I find the right size willow fork and just improvise on hoe to prop it up to use.
    R.D.M.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAF View Post
    Why wear rubber boots? Buy good water proof rocky boots........
    Ah, a man who has not spent much time in a corral!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    The Tractor Supply Specials don't give enough support and tear my feet up. I can pretty much kick them off. They do control scent though. The Irish Setter rubbers boots have great traction and support but are hard to get off. I will make a book jack to carry to deer camp. Swamp muck in a tub would be too heavy anyway.

I have not had a deer bust me crossing my trail in years since I started wearing them.

Boolit Grand Master

I have big calves, my last pair of rubber boots were removed thru judicious use of a hunting knife. I had some help available but to no avail. They were a cheap pair but haven't been replaced.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy

Boot Jack user myself. I wear ExtraTuffs I got in Alaska. Everyone up there seems to wear them. I have had them for 10 years and still going strong.
    Old and in the way.

Moderator Emeritus

A good friend advises me that Muck Boots don't require any jacks or extra effort to get off, plus, they're warmer than just about any other rubber boot. Can't give any testimonials myself, though. I can't get out in the rain any more without enough repercussions to cause concern. FWIW?

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

two pairs of socks. Silk socks on the inside, wool socks on the outside. The socks slide on each other and you're pulling your foot out of the socks, not the boot.

YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master
    Well if they are the common, laminated, calf-knee high type then just some baby powder when you put them on and a boot jack to take them off. If however they are true ankle fit hippers then there just isn't an "easy" way. If over weight or old and stiff then it's even harder. Best to have a friend's help. I spent a lot of time and miles in ankle fit hippers and know full well the reason for the original question. OHHH! getting a cramp from my foot up to my thigh right now just thinking about it
    Last edited by fouronesix; 10-11-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyscout View Post
    I just got back from a moose hunt in Ontario and it was a real headache getting out of my Irish Setter rubber boots at the end of each day.
    Great Pyrenees or Buff Mastiff have larger feet so give those boots a try.

If you have never needed a boot jack your rubber boots are to big and just flop around on your feet. Good fitting rubber boots are a must for rugged ground hunting. Wish I could find the old style ankle fit Lacrosse burley's again. I bet there are a good bunch of members who are not old enough to even remember what a GOOD fitting rubber boot was, since most rubber boots are now and have been for the past twenty years made in China, with big wide ankles built into them.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    I use a boot wench.. They are prettier
    He didn't miss spell that. You can place your foot on her backside for extra leverage, it helps if you are married to her but a cooperative girlfriend will work also.