Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: pistol caliber ars???

Boolit Master
    You can easily build your own. I have a dedicated Black Creek Precision lower (Colt mag) with a RRA upper. It has a bolt hold open. Works great. My 160 gr RN cast 9mm load is very accurate in it. The Metalform and ASC mags work, and the ProMags with a little tweaking work fine also. I have had a number of PCC over the years and the AR style is the best IMHO. I get about 200 to 300 fps more from the carbine over the pistol with high speed loads. The CorBon 115 gr load goes 1515 fps. Most of the standard 124 gr HP loads are right at 1300 fps.

Check over on AR15.com for info on building one.

Glock mag lowers are also available.

Boolit Master
    Olympic Arms builds an AR that uses Glock magazines.

Banned

the "just right carbine" might be what your looking for. by the time you buy even a glock lower to put on the mech-tech your into about the same amount of money. Might still be my best bet too. Its about down to one of them or a ar15 and the jr carbine is a couple hundred bucks cheap and like you said uses glock mags that I already have a bunch of.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Thanks but that's of no interest. Just want to use the mags, not the firearm.

Vendor Sponsor

Lloyd: the place to buy anything Kel Tec is from B&H Gunrack in Florida. They are close to KT and get what they want. They also don't gouge prices. That gun should be less than $400 shipped to your FFL, and I think the going price is $359.

http://www.bhgunrack.com/?q=node/44

Their website sucks and you won't find anything on there, So you will have to call them for Price and Availability, but they are a good outfit to deal with. I have bought several guns from them and they have treated me well everytime.

My S2K cost $300+29 shipping to CA. I got it in December of 2012 after Obama got re-elected and there was a feeding frenzy going on big time for AR's and anything Semi-Auto. There was a waiting list. I had to wait a whole week and a half before they shipped it. They weren't gouging prices at that time or ever,,, even though I saw one S2K go for $1200 on Gun Broker from some outfit in MO at the same time. I originally got their name off the KTOG website.

On another note: I just got back from the SHOT Show and I saw this interesting thing,,, go here for a video on the conversion.

http://amgsporting.com/pistol-to-rifle-conversion-kit/

It is essentially a 16" barrel for a Glock with an ingenious stock that clips onto the grip of the gun. I played with it and it is solid. It runs just like the Glock Pistol does with a locked breach and the barrel tilts up upon firing. It has to be more accurate than a Glock Pistol just because of the longer barrel and buttstock.

Right now it is only available in 9MM, but they are working on .40 and .45. The guy at the show said about $180 but the video says $310 Dealer Cost, and $399 MSRP,,,which is way too much for this product! I'd go Kel-Tec for that much. Best thing is that it requires no mod to the gun whatsoever. You simply take out your barrel and replace with theirs, and hook up the buttstock, and you're ready to go. Less than two minutes either on or off.

I also got a Glock Catalog/Magazine at the show, and Glock is claiming 1.5-2.5" at 25 yards from a machine rest from their guns depending on the ammo. Velocity from the Carbine will be substantially higher, and I would expect the same accuracy from 25 yards at 50 yards .

Something else for you to look at.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Banned

kind of cool but I don't have a 17 and it would be more attractive to me if they could engineer a forearm piece that clamps to the front rail.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    kind of cool but I don't have a 17 and it would be more attractive to me if they could engineer a forearm piece that clamps to the front rail.
    You could attach any vertical forward grip once the 16" barrel and stock were attached.

Banned

I was thinking more on the line of a horizontal grip that would allow your support hand to be out farther

Boolit Master
    I guess. Personally for the cost of a G17 and the kit ($300+) you're between $600 and $800. If you want an optic (I always do) you're looking at installing something like the Six Second Mount, so somewhere between $650 and $850. That's Keltec, TNW, or JRC money. I built a 9mm AR pistol for $900 that uses Colt mags, but you could do a carbine for $850 if you shop right.

If you have a donor G17 or a line on a cheap one, this kit makes sense I guess. Throw it and the kit in a bug out box for a rainy day, I know I wouldn't do that with any of my full size carbines.

Boolit Buddy
    Someone reintroduce the Marlin camp nine and forty five, surely their copyright is lapsed by now. Polymer stock and recoil bushing should fix the kinks
    stay frosty