RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: 1911 Ultra Tool

Moderator Emeritus

1911 Ultra Tool

Good morning....are you tired of trying to use a small wire with a bend on it or try to bend a paper clip to insert into the small hole on a 3 to 3.5" barrel 1911....you might look into the 1911 Ultra Tool. It is a small cylinder with a grove in it that is inserted around the guide rod and you turn it 180 degrees and presto chango all the tension is off the spring and the slide can be easily removed from the frame. You then push back and the assembly slides out of the slide and the barrel can be removed......The tool is about $30.00 bucks but it is easy to use especially with older eyes and the increase shaking that us upper middle age people suffer from.......If I thoroughly confused you about the process go to: 1911 Ultra Tool and take the tour or give 'em a call and the owner will gladly help you with any questions......Paul

P.S. I do not own this tool or sell this product....I just fell in love with it......
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

I'd probably get one as it would something new to play with + would be harder to lose.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Grand Master

Not a big fan of full length guide rods but the shorties are a rule unto themselves. My first FL guide rod launched itself into my face on a backpacking trip (long story) and haven't liked them since. My shorty 1911 is semi-retired right now but will give this tool a look. If familiarity breeds contempt then vague familiarity most likely invites disaster.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Not a big fan of full length guide rods but the shorties are a rule unto themselves. My first FL guide rod launched itself into my face on a backpacking trip (long story) and haven't liked them since. My shorty 1911 is semi-retired right now but will give this tool a look. If familiarity breeds contempt then vague familiarity most likely invites disaster.
    TXGunNut...The tool is very easy to use .... use it almost weekly as of late....not having to use the paperclip, or the small wire tool, is a blessing and it was worth every dime I paid for it...my dad told me to always endorse things that really work and it is soooo easy to use it is almost a sin...... be sure that if you order pay attention to the weapon or give them a call to make sure....a friend ordered one for his Rock Island and the guide rod was too big for the selection he made.....so I would vote for a call....they are great and friendly to deal with....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan