Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Questions on 375 ruger

Boolit Master

Questions on 375 ruger

Seams like this would be a great 200 yard deer round 250gr boolits at 2500fps . HAS Anyone tried this or have experience with this cal.?

No experience yet but fixing to. New Mod 77 African should be shipped my way by mid-week. Dies and brass and gas checks already in house. Now to decide on a mold and yes probably some J-Words...

Not only deer but elk, moose, bear with the load you describe I would think.
    Kevin
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

Boolit Master
    Seems like it would be a happy med between 30-06 and 45-70

Boolit Master
    NOE's 378-275gr boolit shoots great in my H&H. I haven't taken any game with that one but I'd think it would work for any deer on the planet.

Boolit Master
    How is the recoil with that load?

Boolit Master
    I'm probably just under 2400 fps using a grain less Varget than I use for 300gr jacketed. Recoil is about like 12ga 2 3/4" high brass loads. You wouldn't want to shoot a box off the bench but not bad from normal field positions.

Boolit Master
    I have thought about loading cast in my 375 Ruger but just never got out of the thinking phase.
    My 375 is my most accurate Ruger so far (haven't shot the Ruger American in 308 yet). It shoots the 270gr Remington round nose into cloverleaf groups at 100yds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I cast for my 375 Ruger, I use the NOE 378-275 mold, and a mold from Accurate Molds, the Accurate Mold is a big 350gr bullet that I have had some 50 yard success with, but all but stopped trying once I purchased the NOE. The NOE bullet flat shoots! I wanted a cast bullet for increased trigger time, so I was hoping to get 2000-2100 fps with a cast bullet, and this bullet fit that to a "T". The Ruger has a short neck like the 300 WM, but so far I haven't seen any ill effects, I have had my best luck with really light loads using Unique, good luck with 2400, and excellent results with H4895. My rifle is the Original Hawkeye Alaskan with the un-braked 23" barrel and salt and pepper laminated stock, it is one of the most accurate rifles I own, shoot Hornady or Nosler bullets into .75" groups all day long.

Boolit Master
    Could this be a true 200yard cast shooter? flat tradjectory and big bore knock down power!

Boolit Master
    Given the groups I have gotten with the NOE bullet at 100 yards, I see no reason why it wouldn't be a solid 200 yard performer. I will have to look through my notes and see if I have ever tried it at 200 and what kind of drop I was experiencing. There isn't any animal on our continent I wouldn't hesitate to shoot with the solid version of the NOE bullet.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	375 Ruger NOE group.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	182909
    100 yard group with the solid version of the NOE 378-275 and H4895.

Boolit Master
    wow nice group have you shot that load out to 200yards!

Boolit Master
    I haven't shot it past 100 yet, but I sure will this winter.