Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Clements GP100 in 41

Boolit Bub
    The article in the first post is by John Taffin and is available online. I don't have enough computer savvy to post a link, but if you google 'taffin tests .41 special', you'll get there.

Boolit Master
    here is the link to the only Taffin article I can find online: http://www.sixguns.com/tests/tt41spec.htm

It seems different than the partial article. The page of data is from American Handgunner March/April 1992, if anyone has a "library" laying arround,you know

Found the details, below copied from magazine's archive page, Comparing to the omline Taffin link above, the content is consistent, and the data. Just formatted differently. No need to order!

HMA9244 Taffin Tests Taffin, John March/April 1992 High performance favorite loads for the wildcat .41 Special 44
    Last edited by rking22; 05-16-2016 at 12:02 AM. Reason: can't spell, found more info
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Banned

I kept mine down to 6 grains of unique or 11 grains of 2400 but then mine was built on a single six not a gp100

Boolit Bub
    Starline does have .41 Special brass on the shelf, ready to ship.

Boolit Grand Master

We need a Smith "Model 67". A 69 but in 41 mag......or someone to do a special run of GP-100 41 mag ala the new 44 special.

Boolit Master

+Nice a .41spl in a .41frame. I think it is perfect, but I'm very biased.........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Bub
    My old Colt I-frame .357 Magnum ("pre-Trooper" to some) in its ".41" frame gets nervous every time it catches me eyeing it up with .41 Special thoughts.

Bump to see how the Clements 41 is working after a couple years.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Life's been really in the way these last few years. Been plinking with it and taken it hunting several times but no accuracy or load testing beyond verifying it was zeroed with the load for the Taurus TI. Sad to say I have yet to cast a WC in my nearly year old mold. I'll update this next time I get it out for a walk, ground hogs are stirring
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Life's been really in the way these last few years. Been plinking with it and taken it hunting several times but no accuracy or load testing beyond verifying it was zeroed with the load for the Taurus TI. Sad to say I have yet to cast a WC in my nearly year old mold. I'll update this next time I get it out for a walk, ground hogs are stirring
    I've never been able to convince myself that I need a 10/40 revolver but have to admit the idea is quite interesting.

Another route offering similar ballistic performance but staying true to rimmed/revolver stuff is the 41 Special. This cartridge apparently works quite well in the GP. Down side here is no option for speed loaders. I would be stuck with speed strips or belt loops, etc. Is that a big deal?

Boolit Master
    It's not to me, I kinda consider it a single shot that stores 5 more on board. It's a woods gun for me, just for ground hogs, deer and the occasional rabid pine cone. I CCW a M36 without reloads, yeah not fitting the consenus, but at least I got a gun! If I wanted to shoot competition then a speed loader might be an issue and I probably would have gone 10mm. I just like the lower pressure heavier bullet and rimmed case of the 41special. Does what I need without clips to fool with. Kinda depends on your desires.

Too bad your photos no longer work. Can you host them elsewhere?

Boolit Master
    Oops, I'll try and repost pics. Stoopid photo whatever it was !

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    It's not to me, I kinda consider it a single shot that stores 5 more on board. It's a woods gun for me, just for ground hogs, deer and the occasional rabid pine cone. I CCW a M36 without reloads, yeah not fitting the consenus, but at least I got a gun! If I wanted to shoot competition then a speed loader might be an issue and I probably would have gone 10mm. I just like the lower pressure heavier bullet and rimmed case of the 41special. Does what I need without clips to fool with. Kinda depends on your desires.
    Yeah, I understand that the 41 isn't really something one would build as a competition handgun or self-defense firearm. But I always seem to end up accumulating various odds and ends whenever I pick up a new pistol. Holsters, mags, a few spares parts or some other nonsense.

Anyway, what do you have for a pet load? Anything you care to share?