MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else automatically type "boolit" besides this site?

Boolit Master
    I consider myself a good speller and try to use proper grammer, but darnit, I'm always typing in boolit mould instead of bullet mould in ebay, they tell me I'm spelling boolit wrong. The gall!

You mean boolit isn't the correct spelling and I have made it through all these years with no one correcting me? Shame on all of you!
    "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. " - Thomas Jefferson

"Mankind will in time discover that unbridled majorities are as tyrannical and cruel as unlimited despots." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by hydraulic View Post
    Cast Boolits is the only reason I own a computer. I don't like misspelled words, either, but I can live with it. Winnie and Remmi and shoty makes me grind my teeth.

That really bugs me too....."I put a Loopy on my Winnie, 280 Remmie and harvested a mulie!" Kinda has a "ring" to it, doncha think????

Jerry

Smile

I certainly agree with the folks who think "boolit" is silly, but when in Rome, do as the Romans do. I've gotten quite used to using it here, and have to think about typing "bullet" elsewhere.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Boolit Bub
    "Boolits"= cast projectiles, pure and simple. Sort of like the secret handshake in the Lodge.

Now, not to hijack the thread but "if I do my part" gets my dander up- Really?? you have to do your part to get good groups??Who's a thunk it?

Just the ramblings of a mind slightly off the tracks.

Gary

Boolit Master

I myself use it, and am proud of doing so! When I go over to the other boards and post, they either know EXACTLY where I've been hanging out mostly, or that I'm too deep into the scene to understand my slang. Ok, they really think I'm a lead fume sniffing idiot....which in reality isn't real far from the truth. Though I do try to keep my temp under 700. Have any of you other guys noticed that you begin to wander off subject and into completely off topic subjects since you have begun to cast.... Think its the fumes?
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

Boolit Buddy
    Boolits, Use that spelling lots of times when not on this forum. But, I misspell so many words that it is not noticed.
    What this Country needs is more unemployed politicians

Cool Boolits >< Bullets

Cast Boolits as to Jacketed Bullets

Makes sense to Me

Boolit Master

Heck I do it on purpose! Use boolits to refer to cast projectiles I mean. Just hoping some grammar nazi will call me on it, then I get to copy and paste 45 nut's sig line on whatever forum I posted on. Most just drop the subject, figure I'm some kinda kook. So be it, I've been called worse.

I have actually mispelled the term boollits or is it boollets, or boolitts...... oh nevermind.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final!
    Will kill for food!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by randyrat View Post
    I sue Boolits for cst an bullets fr coper.....
    Pete, i had to do it.
    I'm a stickler on proper spelling and grammar, but yes, I do it, and I've had to explain this method of differentiation to the folks over at 24hourcampfire.com
    Selmerfan

Boolit Master
    i use all kinds of internet slang, some times some army slang slips out too.
    i started using boolit on other sites while lurking here.
    mostly gbo, and tfl.

Boolit Master

I think using "boolit" when refering to cast projectiles is an excellent way to promote this forum.
    Yes, everyone knows where you get your edumacation (it's a continuing process), and who your real friends are!
    USMC 1980-1985

Boolit Master
    I will admit that at first the boolit thing bothered me but I can live with it and have started using it. I have always used mould instead of mold. I think that EK always used it that way and also think that Wayne Gibbs of H & G did too...So I guess it's just what ever one can live with....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Master
    I don't use it because my fingers just automatically spell "bullet" and I'd have to stop and think to spell it otherwise.

Not yet.

The spell checker in my browser still hasn't learned that boolit is a real word.

It has recently been discovered that the fumes created when lead-antimony alloy is heated in conjunction with certain materials, such as candle wax, pine tree rosin, saw dust, etc, that a very peculiar - - - no make that bizarre - - - type of intoxication can occur. It affects a very, very specific part of the brain, namely where the memory of how spelling the word "bultle", "blulet", "butlel" - - - -

DANG IT!!! How is that word spelled?

I know what I'm trying to say but I can't figure out the spelling of the word I'm talking about. You know, that thing we all cast in a mould out of lead-antimony alloy that is in the front of a cartridge that the powder gases push out the barrel? Yeah, that thing!

It is coming to me now after thinking about it here.

BOOLIT

Yup, I finally remembered how it is spelled.

Jeez! Imagine that! I was trying to spell it with a "U" in it. Somebody might yell at me for spelling it wrong if I put a "U", "E", and two "Ls" in it. Gotta be more careful.

Let that be a lesson to you about having proper ventillation while heating boolit alloy, you just may have happen to you what just happened to me and forget how "boolit" is spelled. Now, what was it I just started to say something about?

rl533
    ~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+~+:/&\:+
    There is no such thing as too many tools, especially when it comes to casting and reloading.
    Howard Hughes said: "He who has the tools rules".

Safe casting and shooting!

Linstrum, member F.O.B.C. (Fraternal Order of Boolit Casters), Shooters.com alumnus, and original alloutdoors.com survivor.

Guilty

uuuH...Yuuh...

Linstrum, Linstrum,...... Didn't you used to teach Algbra at my school.
    Last edited by Capn Jack; 04-19-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Can't spell before 10:00