MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Picked up a bargin today

Picked up a bargin today

Got a 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights for 10 bucks. So heavy I had to get grandson to take out of pickup bed

Nice haul...get as many of those pails for 10 bucks as you can get.

Some time back I had a buddy that managed a Schwabs store. He used to save me all the big truck weights. I stopped by with my 3/4 truck to get what he had. He called and said he had it all nicely shrink wrapped on a pallet. Said he would set it in my truck with the fork lift. He was right...it was all nice in one bundle...all 8 five gallon buckets! He got that Hyster and set it right in the bed for me. We guessed it was about 1200 pounds. Made the ol' truck squat a bit. I had to unload the buckets into other buckets...and unload a little at a time. I couldn't even budge it.

Cheers
    Mac.
    www.macsprecision.com
    07 FFL (manufacturer / dealer)
    WA State Firearms Dealer.
    Certified, Licensed and Insured.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by motorcyclemac View Post
    Nice haul...get as many of those pails for 10 bucks as you can get.

Some time back I had a buddy that managed a Schwabs store. He used to save me all the big truck weights. I stopped by with my 3/4 truck to get what he had. He called and said he had it all nicely shrink wrapped on a pallet. Said he would set it in my truck with the fork lift. He was right...it was all nice in one bundle...all 8 five gallon buckets! He got that Hyster and set it right in the bed for me. We guessed it was about 1200 pounds. Made the ol' truck squat a bit. I had to unload the buckets into other buckets...and unload a little at a time. I couldn't even budge it.

Cheers
    Mac.
    If I were to discover a find such as that, I would be set for a while!
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

I got 3/4 of a bucket a couple weeks back for $5, and I could barely move it. Last week, a full bucket for $27 (incl. $2 for the bucket) - I didn't even try to move it, I transferred 1/2 of it to the bucket I had in the trunk.

Moving lead around a bit makes you understand phrases like "get the lead out" and "lead foot."

Boolit Bub
    Last week I got a tip that the local scrapyard sold monotype lead for less than 25 cents a pound.

So I was able to secure 160 pounds of monotype and 200 pounds of pure lead for about 75 dollars.

The weekend was used for turning it into 80 kilos of linotype (50/50 mono/pure) and 300 kilos of magnum alloy (3 mono/3 pure/4 ww), with 20 kilos left of monotype.

I'm sure glad I could borrow a space outside to do the smelting. I've tried to smelt 20 pounds of airgunbullets in my appartement and it sure took awhile to get the stink out.

In your apartment? You wouldn't be single by any chance would you ?
    The artist formerly known as Wiking

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    In your apartment? You wouldn't be single by any chance would you ?
    If he wasn't then, he probably is now. Either that or he has one heck of a catch there by his side.

Boolit Bub
    My girlfriend and I don't live together - yet. But when she sleeps over at my place, I usually have to get up early to get to work. When I come home, the appartment is spotless (except the computer/reloading/boolit casting room).

I've got her interested in handgun shooting and she has tried to reload some ammunition (she made all my hunting ammo for the 9,3x62mm) and even cast and size some boolits.

She even was happy on my behalf when I (at last) found a new 9mm pistol after looking for a few months (STI Targetmaster).

And she is coming with me for a week at the National Field Shooting Pistol Championships this summer.

So yes, she is quite a catch!

Boolit Master
    A couple of days ago I got three five gallon buckets of weights, didn't cost me anything.

Boolit Master

Norseman - Very lucky you are !!
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator