Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkish flake powder

I would be very happy with those groups especially considering the barleycorn/V notch sights- I just have trouble with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by majorsideburns View Post
    Thank you for sharing, this is very interesting indeed. So if I am reading your chart correctly, you had the best groupings with the lowest, and also highest charges? Did you keep the OAL and seating depths the same for all charge weights?
    You're welcome. I'm sorry the chart didn't post as clearly as it looked when I typed it! Yes, I kept all variables the same except for charge weight. Evidently the 35 grain load was the sweet spot. As you would expect, the slower velocity allowed more projectile barrel time and thus printed much higher and farther left. Interesting that the difference in point of impact could be so great at only 50 yards. I should have given them a try at 100.
    I kept a supply of these lighter loads for plinking and less recoil for an injured right shoulder. I had two crates of this Turkish 8x57 and salvaged lots of bullets and powder for other uses as well. I bought 5 of those long Turk Mausers for less that $50 each and several were fine shooters.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Montanaguy View Post
    You're welcome. I'm sorry the chart didn't post as clearly as it looked when I typed it! Yes, I kept all variables the same except for charge weight. Evidently the 35 grain load was the sweet spot. As you would expect, the slower velocity allowed more projectile barrel time and thus printed much higher and farther left. Interesting that the difference in point of impact could be so great at only 50 yards. I should have given them a try at 100.
    I kept a supply of these lighter loads for plinking and less recoil for an injured right shoulder. I had two crates of this Turkish 8x57 and salvaged lots of bullets and powder for other uses as well. I bought 5 of those long Turk Mausers for less that $50 each and several were fine shooters.
    Would using only 35 grains benefit from using a dacron filler?