Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Muzzle-Loaders.com scam alert

Muzzle-Loaders.com scam alert

I'm on the mailing list so I get emails from Muzzle-Loaders.com from time to time. I had an email come in that claimed to be from them saying I needed to pay an additional $6.79 in shipping on my order. Just click on the link. (yeah right)

Two big red flags. The actual email address wasn't @muzzle-loaders.com or anything in that name domain.

I hadn't recently ordered anything from them that could require additional shipping.

It appeared to me that someone had acquired a list of their customers email addresses and was using them to trick their customers who had pending orders to give up credit card info. Shortly after I received this message from muzzle-loaders.com email address.

*Alert* Email Notice
    Dear Muzzle-Loaders Customer,
    We are reaching out in regards to a recent event with our shipping partner ShipStation regarding additional shipping fee charges. We are aware of the issue and wanted to alert our customers to this event.
    We implore that you DO NOT click any of the links sent to you regarding additional postage fees, as they are not from us. Please disregard the emails requesting extra shipping fees originating from "tracking@shipstation.com".
    Muzzle-Loaders.com will never reach out via email regarding extra shipping fees, as shipping costs are all handled at the time of checkout.
    We are actively monitoring the situation, and working on resolving the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience associated with this event, and will continue to update our customers accordingly.
    Thank you again for your support and we hope you have a blessed day!
    Yes, I am paranoid, but the real question is am I paranoid enough?

Hopefully this may help any other targets of this scam avoid having their credit card information stolen.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

I have gotten several emails lately informing me that I need to complete my order or that they need an address to complete delivery. These are the headers on the email. I never open these emails, I immediately delete them. I do not open emails that I either don't know the person sending the email or I do not recognize the email sender address. I do phone calls the same way, no recognition, no answer. james

I received the same email, and 20 minutes later received it again for the same dollar amount but it was from an eBay seller I’ve purchased from. Both deleted instantly.

I received the same email, and then about 20 minutes later, got an email from the real muzzle-loaders.com telling me about the scam email. 20 minutes after that, I got another scam email telling me my package had shipped. I haven’t ordered anything from them in a couple years.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Scammers gotta scam. Whipping in front of the courthouse is way too nice. I get these ‘emails’ from fellow cas shooters saying they found some photos id like to see but not really. Open them and its an ad, nobody wanting my id. I delete first, ask questions later.

Got it too! I blocked the email, which was not directly from Muzzle-Loaders.com.

Boolit Buddy
    So, I'm not the only one to get the scammers email message! This is not the first for sure, but it does show that despite years of 'warnings' about hackers and scammers the digital world is becoming more 'dangerous' daily and the frequency of these 'messages' will increase as AI becomes more ubiquitous! Gotta luv that 'technology'!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Moderator Emeritus

It has gotten ridiculous lately. Also watch for the phone scams with them trying to get you to say yes. Been getting a lot of them with the AI voices. Doing a lot of blocking lately.

Yes, if a phone call is received from an unknown source, NEVER use the word "yes" ( or "yeah") in ANY context.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

If I don't recognize the number or the name I don't answer the phone. Let it go to voice mail. If it is someone I want to talk with I will call them back.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

You're not paranoid if they’re really out to get you.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    I called the number and I'm glad I did. They said my grandson was in jail and I needed to give them $2000 in Apple gift cards to get him out.

Now he's out of jail, safe and sound.

Boolit Buddy
    Grandparents are so awesome! I can wait until I are one and don't have to share the wife's grandkids!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.