MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primer pocket reaming tools

I use a 45 degree chamfer bit in a cordless drill. You want fast, this is it.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

After trying different swage tools I ended up with an LE Wilson case trimmer and added the primer pocket reamers and I don't think you can find a better way to do it. Just my humble opinion.
    The 82nd Airborne Taught Us To Make the Rules Not Follow Them Like Sheeple

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2776.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	326623
    This is an old electric motor with small drill chuck attached. Works great for cleaning primer pockets. Just a light touch to each one.

Boolit Man
    I have been using a RCBS case prep tool for over thirty years and changed the cutters after 23 years. The replacements were free from RCBS customer service.

Boolit Master
    And I believe that we're talking about at least three different tasks here. If I understand correctly, the OP wants to remove/ream primer pocket crimps, not necessarily uniform primer pockets. I'm not aware of any tool that does both. I use and recommend the Dillon Super Swage for this purpose. Reaming has been less than satisfactory for me, especially with the Lyman reamers. They dull very quickly; same with their primer pocket uniformers.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by donovansn585 View Post
    I do not want to swage.
    Why not? I prefer to swage but I'm in no position to say definitively that swaging is best.

Boolit Master

A little late; I have a Dillon Super Swage as well as the Hornady primer pocket reamers which are very nice tools. They're made from tool steel and are very sharp. It's impossible to cut too deeply because the end doesn't have cutting surfaces. They sell a complete kit with a handle and small/large cutters or you can buy just the cutters.
    https://www.buffaloarms.com/hornady-...hor041210.html
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    Primer crimps: I do a two step. First is a swagging operation with the RCBS swage tool. Second I use the Wilson reamer.

Primer pocket uniformity.

Sometimes but with a different tool. I believe my current set of tooling came from Lyman. The first tool came from Midway and it was hard to hold the adjustments

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

I have found the Burstfire tools quite satisfactory for cutting crimps out of reclaimed brass. I swapped out the RCBS cutters on my case prep center for the burstfire ones.
    The go/no-go gauges are handy as well.