MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: For thought and meditation Mon May 20 2024

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Mon May 20 2024

Obedience Step by Step
    Blackaby Ministries

Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you. Genesis 22:1-2

Our difficulty is not that we don’t know God’s will. Our discomfort comes from the fact that we do know His will, but we do not want to do it!

When God first spoke to Abraham, His commands were straightforward. “Go to a land I will show you” (Gen. 12:1). Then God led Abraham through a number of tests over the years. Abraham learned patience as he waited on God’s promise of a son, which took twenty-five years to be fulfilled. Abraham learned to trust God through battles with kings and through the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. The pinnacle of Abraham’s walk of faith was when God asked him to sacrifice the one thing that meant more to him than anything else. Abraham’s previous obedience indicated that he would have quickly and decisively sacrificed anything else God asked of him, but was he prepared for this? God did not ask Abraham to make such a significant sacrifice at the beginning of their relationship. This came more than thirty years after Abraham began walking with God.

As the Father progressively reveals His ways to you in your Christian pilgrimage, you, like Abraham, will develop a deeper level of trust in Him. When you first became a Christian, your Master’s instructions were probably fundamental, such as being baptized or changing your lifestyle. But as you learn to trust Him more deeply, He will develop your character to match bigger tests, and with the greater test will come a greater love for God and knowledge of His ways. Are you ready for God’s next revelation?

Have a blessed day!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Amen, good message.

"Our difficulty is not that we don’t know God’s will. Our discomfort comes from the fact that we do know His will, but we do not want to do it!"

There is more truth to this than we would like to admit.

Boolit Master

Such a good message - Amen & God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master
    This is one of the most disturbing "tests of faith" from God. It can be used to justify some horrible actions by people "doing God's work".

I would not have followed God's demand to prepare to sacrifice my son. I suppose many would do as Abraham, and follow Gods orders. God gave me a "line in the sand" I will not cross even if He orders it. If I fail His test, at least I have integrity.
    Don Verna

Amen.. This message truly pushes the fact of having faith..

God Bless

JDAS

I've never been comfortable with this. I, for one, would fail.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    Abraham failed the test.

God had never demanded human sacrifice before…why now? Centuries later God sacrificed His Son to save us, but that was a different case.

Unquestioning faith is not an admirable characteristic. Moses questioned God when he felt it was justified.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Amen, a great message today.

Boolit Master

Abraham is known as a man of faith and obedience-- rightfully so. But he did not become so overnight. He had failures and successes just like all of God’s people. Abraham’s biblical account is unique in that it fully shows the evolution and strengthening of his faith.
    Joshua 24:2 Abram came from an idol worshiping household.

Acts 7:2 While in Mesopotamia (Ur), God told Abram to leave his country and his relatives and go to a land he would be shown. Abram left Ur with the intent of going to Canaan, but only went so far as Haran. He settled in Haran. Abram also had family members accompany him (his father and nephew). The Genesis account of this period suggests that Abram’s father was making the decisions during this period of time. It is easy to see that Abram did not follow the instructions God had given him. Abram undoubtedly postponed the fulfillment of God’s blessings until after the death of his father.

Gen 12:1-4 Records a second command to Abram after his father dies. He was to leave Haran and go to a land God would show him. He was also to leave his family members behind. Abram left Haran, but took his nephew Lot with him. Again, Abram did not follow all of God’s instructions.

Gen 12:6 Records God’s first promise of Abraham having descendants.

Gen 12:10 Abram seeks refuge in Egypt due to a famine. He lies about Sarai being his sister to avoid being killed. Abram is early into his relationship with God and probably wasn’t sure that God would protect him. God rescued Sarai and Abram is rebuked by a heathen king.

Gen 13 Abram and Lot separate because their herds of cattle are too big. Because Abram failed to follow God’s instructions, God stepped in to finally get Abram away from his family.

Gen 14 Abram rescues the kidnapped Lot. Abram refuses to accept rewards from Sodom’s king. At this point he is making an acknowledgement of God’s blessing (activity) in his life.

Gen 15 God elaborates on his promises to Abram. Abram’s child will come from his own body and eventually his descendants will be numerous. Abram believes God and it is credited as righteousness.

Gen 16 Sarai convinces Abram to have a child with her slave, Hagar. Abram, probably lacking in faith concerning God’s ability, has decided to help bring about God’s promise. The Genesis author uses phrases similar to those used in the account of the temptation of Eve to show what a bad idea this is.

Gen 17 God elaborates his promise to Abram. God’s chosen people will come from a child that comes from Sarai, not Hagar. The rite of circumcision is given and Abraham obeys.

Chapter 18 God shares with Abraham his plans to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham is not convinced that God is doing the right thing. Abraham tries talking God into sparing the cities for the sake of the righteous people living there. Of course the only righteous man living there is Lot, whom God rescues.

Gen 20 Abraham lives in Gerar. Once again, suggesting a lack of trust in God, he lies about Sarah being his sister. Sarah is rescued from this situation by God. Abraham is rebuked by a heathen king a second time.

Gen 21 Isaac is born. It has been many years since the initial promise. The long gap is possibly because Ishmael would have needed to be old enough to leave the family. Abraham and Sarah most likely postponed the fulfillment of God’s promise through their plan of using Hagar.

Gen 22 Abraham is told to sacrifice Isaac. This is the supreme test of Abraham’s trust and faith in God. Abraham fully obeys God’s instructions demonstrating faith in God’s promises and ability. Hebrews 11 tells us that Abraham reasoned God would raise Isaac from the dead.