Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 303 Guy

Boolit Master
    He'll probably eat the grits and use kapok or somethin for filler...

Boolit Master
    303Guy. All was in good fun but, you might do better eating them instead of using them as a filler, depending on the cartridge you are filling. I have read fillers such as cornmeal and grits can cause a blockage in the necks of bottle neck cases. For bottle necked cases you would be better off using a wad like dryer lint or dycron. Cook up your grits with eggs, bacon and bisquits, and enjoy a good southern style breakfast.
    Warren
    If a man has nothing greater to believe in than himself, he is a very lonely man.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by a.squibload View Post
    He'll probably eat the grits and use kapok or somethin for filler...
    NOW I LIKED THAT ONE!

Boolit Master
    a.squibload we now need to get .303 in eating chicken fry steak.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Boolit Master
    Speaking of food being fired from a gun, two kids I went to junior high with were shot with a 12 gauge loaded with rock salt and bacon rinds, just like you hear of Grannie Clampet using.
    They were stealing apples from an orchard.
    One caught a full blast to the buttocks while just making it over a fence.

From what he told me it was an experiance he would not want to repeat.

From what I've heard the bacon rind is cut into shoestring size strips, so its like getting hit with a cat o nine tails.

I've heard of loading shotguns with small seeds - not sure what seeds but apparently it helped catch whoever got shot 'cause the seeds imbedded in him would germinate, forcing him to get medical attention!
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master

I had a friend that had a dog problem getting into his trash, a big dog. So he decided to really teach him a lesson, took a shotgun shell and unloaded the lead shot and replaced it with popcorn. Worked too good killed the neighbors dog. I think that he was a little to close. He about went to jail over that deal.

Oops!

I think it's mustard seed one is supposed to use? Very fine seeds and they germinate in the flesh.
    Last edited by 303Guy; 06-02-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    a.squibload we now need to get .303 in eating chicken fry steak.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    How about it 303guy? Chicken-fried steak & gravy, grits (or mashed taters), collard greens, green beans, pinto beans (sorry, still Texian at heart), could go on...

I did hear about roasted goana, or were they kiddin'?

PS: mustard seeds??? OW!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rhbrink View Post
    I had a friend that had a dog problem getting into his trash, a big dog. So he decided to really teach him a lesson, took a shotgun shell and unloaded the lead shot and replaced it with popcorn. Worked too good killed the neighbors dog. I think that he was a little to close. He about went to jail over that deal.
    I had some fairly soft textured 6mm Airsoft shot and tried it out in my S&W 78g .22 CO2 pistol. At close range the soft plastic BBs had as much if not more penetration of cans and sheet metal as the lead pellets.

Extremely lightweight projectiles can carry a great deal of energy for a short distance.
    I've seen photos of wounds made by plastic pellets used in shotguns for riot control, a close range hit was a bloody mess.

I knew a fellow who killed a lion with 6's. There was a place and time when police used 'birdshot' for riot control. Their idea of birdshot was AAA! They would fire into the hard road surface in front of the rioters who would then be hit by ricochet's in the legs. I bet that would hurt. Mind you, the rioters were armed with Molotov Cocktails - petrol bombs.

Boolit Bub
    Bird shot bounced up from the ground, the time and place is now in Queensland prisons. Number 4 shot close range 20m or so. OWCH!!!!!!

Boolit Master
    I've had birdshot rain down on me in the field, no big deal, but close up it's strong stuff.
    I shot an abandoned washing machine from 20' with 2 3/4" 12ga #7½ shot, it made a hole through the front side metal skin,
    both sides of the enameled tub, and almost made it through the back side.

I was retrieving a pidgeon from a sunflower field when I got stung on the side of my neck. There was a fragment of dove bone with a #7½ pellet stuck in it. The shooter was below the horisen from me about 100yds away. That pellet/bone fragment had travelled nearly half as far before striking me. Birdshot raining down is quite weired when standing in the middle of it in a reaped cornfield.

Up close even the plastic wad will cut a clean hole through a dove. (Makes one realise we actually missed!)

Boolit Master SPRINGFIELDM141972's Avatar
    When in the service we were taught to use buckshot bounced off the steel deck of a vessel in the event of a rioting crowd rushing us. We had to practice and qualify using this technique on targets using a steel plate placed on the ground in front of the target. The resulting dispersement of buckshot across the targets is impressive to say the least.

Regards,
    Everett
    "There's a reason John Browning's middle name is Moses."