PDA

View Full Version : A Quote from the Post

Kelly J
01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
http://patriotpost.us/

[This statement from the Patriot Post is more than enough to undestand why we should be ever watchful of this President, He is not what he Claims to be.]

"On Tuesday, Barack Obama will take an oath "to support and defend the Constitution", (http://64.203.107.114/alexander/edition.asp?id=620) but he has no history of honoring our Constitution, even pledging that his Supreme Court nominees should comport with Leftist ideology and "break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted."
Some have suggested that since the election is over and Obama is the victor, we should accord him the honor due his office. But if he does not honor his constitutional oath, why would anyone extend him the honor of its highest constitutional office"?

http://patriotpost.us/

Daveb
01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Does anyone out there know whats happening with the legislation on "encoded ammunition?" Snopes.com says its true. Are our legislators naive enough to believe that encoding all ammunition will prevent crimes or solve anything? Do they really think that putting an excessive tax on ammunition will slow down the crime rate? Someone enlighten this poor misguided (shooting and reloading for 40 years) american citizen. Based on my last trip to the golf course- I wonder if we should start federal registration of golf clubs and encode all golf balls- and put a nice big tax on each ball. Maybe we need to look at baseball bats, hockey sticks, tennis racquets- not to mention those scary badminton racquets. Maybe we need to require licensing for anyone carrying any of the above "deadly weapons" and make sure they are locked up at home. Sorry folks- guess I'll get down off my soapbox- for now!

udaman1
02-08-2009, 10:43 AM
There is a very determined core group of anti gun people who will never stop trying to disarm the American people. The Supreme Court Heller decision of last year, instead of strengthening our Second Amendment rights served to reinforce the movement to "reasonable regulation".

The NO GUN group will use the reasonable regulation strategy to pick away at gun rights. They will raise taxes and fees on licenses, guns, ammunition and reloading components. They will continue efforts to make you register for every gun related purchase you make. They are trying to figure out how to criminalize and prevent individual to individual sales. They will sue component manufacturers in well publicized bleeding heart cases...AND THEY WILL NEVER STOP.

The big "O" and his henchman Joe Biden, followed by ex-Clintonistas Rahm Emanuel and Eric Holder are deadly dangerous to law abiding gun owners.

The only thing they fear is a large voting block of well financed gun owners and that mainly exists in the form of the NRA...if you are not a member you need to join.

Unfortunately, as I found in my own family, there are a lot of people who are not involved in the shooting sports who are OK with registration, rules and high taxes. They do not understand how this creeping strategy is like a noose tightening around our neck until the FFL holders are all forced out of business, person to person sales are prohibited and the remaining hardware and components are taxed out of reach of most people.

If you think "It can't happen here" you are wrong...it is happening now and with the margin of power the Leftists have in the Congress it is going to be a long, painful 4 years. Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Dick Durbin prodded by Biden, Emanuel and Holder will make it happen thanks to the voters who wanted CHANGE. You may not like the change we get and the long term effects are going to be disastrous. Remember, the Heller decision was a 5-4 vote. That means that 4 Supreme Court judges voted against our Second Amendment rights.

Active gun owners need to get their heads out of the sand, educate themselves and lobby those close to them to help preserve the Second Amendment which in Heller was ruled to be an individual right to keep and bear arms. Unfortunately, the "shall not be infringed" part is history. Reasonable regulation is an infringement and is going to get worse.

Pat in Alton, Illinois...Home of Dick Durbin, the last State to recognize the Right to Carry in self defense is a Right. KEEP AND BEAR ARMS.

udaman1
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM
I just found this information on the Illinoiscarry.com web site: House Bill 0048 submitted Jan 14th 2009 in the Illinois House. The purpose, as I speculated above, is to prevent individual-to-individual handgun sales

HB0048, Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Requires a person who is not a federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer and who desires to sell or transfer a firearm of a size that may be concealed upon the person to another person, who is not a federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer, to do so only at the place of business of a federally licensed firearm dealer. Provides that the federally licensed firearm dealer shall conduct a background check on the prospective recipient of the firearm and follow all other applicable federal, State, and local laws as if he were the seller of the firearm. Provides that the purchaser or transferee may be required by the federally licensed firearm dealer to pay a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm, plus any applicable fees. Makes exceptions for (i) the transfer of a firearm between spouses, a parent and child, or a grandparent and grandchild, (ii) transfers by persons acting pursuant to operation of law or a court order, or (iii) transfers on the grounds of a gun show. Imposes conditions on any rulemaking authority.

So as I stated in my last post, they are wasting no time picking away at our Second Amendment rights through what they now call "reasonable regulation". And courts have held that regulation is perfectly OK so this is the new focus of our American "NO GUNS" cadre.

Pat in Alton.