PDA

View Full Version : Howa riffles

golddigger
02-02-2009, 11:28 PM
I Just bought me a new howa in 223. Has any body seen or shot one of these. It came with a nighteater scope 3x10x42. I took it out and sighted it in. 15 rounds I am 1 inch high at 300yrds and you can cover 5 rounds with a nickle.

Probly the smothest action rifle nice tight groups and for the price 440.00 a dam good gun.

They have a long standing history as they made the s&w1500, mossburg 1500 and they make stuff for weatherby take a look dont think you will be let down:fighting68:

wildbill49
02-03-2009, 09:43 AM
You got that right. I've been to their import warehouse in Reno. It is an interesting operation. While I haven't boughht one of their Howa's, I do have two Puma's from them. These are copies of the Winchester 92. One is in .454 Casull and the other in .44 Magnum. I've killed several pigs with the .454 using cast 330 gr bullets.

As for the Howa, my shooting buddy bought one in .308 Winchester with the same setup you have. It will shoot 1 inch groups with good reloads right out of the box.

Here is their web site if your are interested in some of their other products - http://www.legacysports.com/

Wild Bill :fighting67:

golddigger
02-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Wild Bill I have not been to the warehouse but have been all over there web site.
I live about 4 hrs from reno so that would be a fun trip to make some time.

I cannot complain about this gun at all. Had a couple of friends and my dad shoot this gun now dad has one in 22-250, and other friends haveit in many different cal.

live,laugh,love oh hell just shoot

hunternick
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM
I have the same rifle and absolutly love it. I've put about 750 rounds through mine and after the initial break-in period, it became a real tack driver. I am running a Mueller 4.5-14 APV scope and have managed to work the trigger down to just over 1 lb. Have you worked with your trigger yet? The Howa adjustable triggers are kind of tricky but once dialed, they work great. Are you loading for yours? If so, what are you shooting? It's good to see that someone else is also enjoying the same rifle that I used to kill thousands of gophers in Montana last summer.

golddigger
02-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Have not started loading yet but will soon. Just got all the brass sized. Powder is on the way. Look forward to loading and see where it goes from there. Have not put a trigger pull gauge on it but seems real light.

Nice to here from some one in my home state. From Wenatchee.

Take care and look forward to talking more
Jim the golddigger

Huntbear
07-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Howas are probably the best bang for the buck available in a rifle. They are basically the Weatherby Vanguard/S&W 1500/Interarms Mark X. Excellent shooters right out of the box, and work very well when customizing. I have a custom Howa, I built. It is a .257 A.I. that will shoot dime size groups at 200 yards all day long.

HunterDownunder
07-31-2009, 05:55 AM
Hi Gold Digger.
Theres nothing wrong with Howa Rifles as stated,are good value for money, they shoot straight out of the box.
The .223 is a very popular calibre,a lot of the Pro Kangaroo shooters in Australia use them,& shoot pigs as well for extra cash.
HunterDownunder
:fighting67: