PDA

View Full Version : Tips on coyote hunting

257 ROB
03-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Does anyone have any tips for open country coyote hunting i live in southern alberta and they ar tricky. Any tips?

wildbill49
03-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Do you have a dog that you can control? If you do, take him hunting with you. He will distract the coyote enough that you should be able to get off a shot. I've used this successfully here in California where the coyotes have seen a lot of hunting pressure. They take off when you stop your vehicle just to look at them because they have been shot at so much. If you get a good hide and let your dog run around near your position, the coyotes seem more interested in your dog than your small movement from your hide. From the hide you can use a call to get them into shooting range, but don't over work the call if the coyotes have been hunted with calls alot.

Good luck, :fighting68:

257 ROB
03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
yah my dog isn't a good hunting dog so i pretty much have to sit and call, but their has been a lot of hunting pressure on the reservation because our farm is just across the river.

Three44s
03-15-2009, 08:27 PM
My best advice is to use a male challenge howl and then a pup in distress ..... and back to the male ....... and to the pup ........

You want to get ready for some hostile coyotes!

And if you want to really get in deep ...... join Predatormasters.com!

BEWARE ...... you may never be the "same"!!!

What wildbill49 told you is spot on ..... but even better .... take that dog and find an active den ...........

Remember the "Excorsist"???

Your head will be spinning like Linda Blair's in no time!!! (Your dog better be one tough ...... #$%#$%! for that duty however!)

Enjoy

Three 44s

257 ROB
03-16-2009, 05:19 PM
yah i tried just sqeaking on my hand that brought in 3 coyotes one within 7 feet on an open prairie.

257 ROB
05-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I finished my ghillie suit so i will be camoflauged now so if anyone needs coyotes off of there land in southern alberta give me a shout.