PDA

View Full Version : Just me or Encores too annoying

flhunter
10-06-2005, 06:23 PM
I have had my encore for three years,and have been constantly dissapointed by it. The first barrel was 25-06,factory or handloads it would never group well at 200 yds..I sent it back to T/C and said if it was never going to shoot well replace it with a 30-06 bbl.,that one shot well fouled,but a clean bore it thru bullets like a shotgun.As a clean freak,and a hunter the first shot is the only one that counts.I now have a 22 hornet it shoots good cold,hot,fouled etc...Do only the 22 bores shoot well? A newbie to writing on any gun board,I have just been reading thought it was time to get involved.Any thoughts or is my Encore just a pain. Thanx .

Oldbushman
10-08-2005, 08:29 AM
I have had my encore for three years,and have been constantly dissapointed by it. The first barrel was 25-06,factory or handloads it would never group well at 200 yds..I sent it back to T/C and said if it was never going to shoot well replace it with a 30-06 bbl.,that one shot well fouled,but a clean bore it thru bullets like a shotgun.As a clean freak,and a hunter the first shot is the only one that counts.I now have a 22 hornet it shoots good cold,hot,fouled etc...Do only the 22 bores shoot well? A newbie to writing on any gun board,I have just been reading thought it was time to get involved.Any thoughts or is my Encore just a pain. Thanx .

First up welcome to the forum FL & secondly ,I wonder if it was a one off problem with the 25-06 barrel ? Most of what I have read about the Encore was good !It makes one wonder about the 30-06 though! I wonder (& I'm comming right out of left field here) If the comdernation of the heavy recoil/higher pressures in a Break action are just too much for the design & the smaller low pressure rounds lock up tighter ?It's as I say just a thought ! But it would be interesting to find out from T/C what they have to say on the matter?

Dave

flhunter
10-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the reply,T/C did not answer whether it was any problem at all they simply replaced the barrel.I would have liked an explanation,but there was nothing in the box but the rifle with a new barrel.