PDA

View Full Version : Camo Wraps

bigg
03-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Has anyone worked with material like this before? www.camo4u.com

versifier
03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Welcome to Gunloads, bigg.

I really can't see much sense in covering my Toyota in it. It's hard enough for me to find in the parking lot as it is. :p It might make a lot more sense on a boat than a pickup truck, but those I know who use their rowboats and canoes for hunting use DIY camo with four or five colors of spray paint. That really doesn't answer your question, but it's as close as I can get.

I do know several waterfowl hunters who use camo tape wrap to hide their shiny shotguns, and one who uses it to cover a compound bow. They think the stuff is great. It also makes for a hysterical Halloween mummy costume. Do you suppose it might work on my black and white springer spaniel?

257 ROB
03-23-2009, 02:29 PM
My thought is if you ever wanted to take it off don't you think there would be some sort of sticky residue?

versifier
03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I guess it depends on how it's attached, and if the solvent to remove it is safe to use on the vehicle's finish. Most adhesives have one or more solvents that remove them easily, but the problem with solvents is that they can act on more than one thing and their use can have unintended and unwelcome consequences.

257 ROB
03-23-2009, 07:43 PM
yah I guess that would also be a problem I would probably just leave whatever it was he was going to put it on alone.

rokdog13
03-27-2009, 07:12 PM
rubbing alcohol will take off any residue without effecting the wood as much as others. I wouldnt use anything else. paint thinner or terpentine will strip to much or be to harsh on the finish and some of them leave a stink behind. alot of adhesives now days dont gum as bad as they used to either.
Did somebody say camo tape? thats just cool!!
Wish I could paint my Toyota camo and flat black the trim. I love my toy. the coolest truck ever...

257 ROB
03-27-2009, 08:13 PM
yea i guess but that is a lot of extra work

bigg
05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
they say it doesn't leave residue - that is what steered me in this direction

bigg
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM
The camo4u kit came in and turned out real nice