PDA

View Full Version : Which TC

Billy Dean
06-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Years ago I owned a TC Conteder in 30-30 Win. I really enjoyed shooting and loading for it. For several reasons I stopped shooting and got rid of everything. Now I am trying to get back into it and wan't another TC in 30-30. The problem is I don't know the difference between all the new choices,Encore,G2,Pro-Hunter,etc. I've went to the TC web sight but it has'nt helped. What I want is the old style contender with the 14" blue barrel w/sights and I want to be able to pick up a rim fire barrel some day. Any advice our help would be appreciated.
Billy

versifier
06-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Welcome to Gunloads, Billy.

Here's a quick rundown:
Old style Contender: Best trigger - fully adjustable for weight and overtravel, all G2 barrels will fit except inline m/l, must open action before recocking

G2 Contender: different grips, non-adjustable trigger, recock without breaking the action open

Encore (Pro Hunter): Beefier frame, much wider selection of chamberings because it can handle magnum rifle pressures (rimfire, shotgun and m/l barrels), same non-adjustable trigger and recock as G2 contender

kodiak1
06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
:animal23:

What the man above said X2.

What other calibers are you looking at for the future?

Ken :fighting68: :fighting68: