PDA

View Full Version : hello from Mississippi

shooter39629
06-18-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm Howard and am new to reloading. I have started reloading to save money on ammo in my hunting rifles. I am starting to work up loads for my 270, 7-08 300wsm and 35 whelen. I had a cousin who introduced me to reloading 3 short months ago. I purchased a RCBS Rockchucker Supreme kit. He passed away 2 weeks ago but now I will always remember him everytime I reload.

versifier
06-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Welcome Howard. I have quite a few legacy tools, and it often seems like there is more than my hand operating them. Sometimes my shop seems almost crowded. Remember that when the time comes for you to pass on down what you will learn in the years ahead.

You made an excellent choice for your press. Mine is almost 35 and has never given me a bit of trouble, still as tight as the day it was delivered, despite several hundred thousand rounds loaded on it..

kodiak1
06-20-2009, 07:20 PM
shooter :fighting68:
I think you have got two great calibers there to work on with the reloading that 7-08 and the 35. Those are good rounds to work with they are usually very forgiving and easy to load for and shoot very well.
Good Reloading Ken. :p

shooter39629
06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Just bought a 35 whelen barrel for my encore and looking to start reloading it for white-tail deer and hogs. I have a 35 whelen model 700 also. Looking to use it for all my hunting this next year. I have 2 children that hunt with me that are using the 7mm-08 and really like how I can make reduced recoil loads for them. My son is now able to hunt using full powered loads and we are working up some that will best work for him.