PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning from Northern Indiana

The Keymaster
06-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Greetings to all. I have been shooting since the mid 70's, and reloading for the last year or so. I have learned a lot in that time, but life has taught me that you can never learn too much. I hope to benefit from the experience of other members of the forums here at Gunloads, and hopefully contribute where I can. The site and forum looks great, kudos to the Admins, and moderators!

versifier
06-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Welcome to Gunloads, Keymaster. What do you shoot?

kodiak1
06-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Hello Keymaster welcome to the forum. Hope to see more of your posts.

Ken. :fighting68:

The Keymaster
07-08-2009, 07:15 AM
I shoot and reload both 9mm and 40 S&W. I have just purchased an FN Five Seven
5.7 x 28. I hope to be able to reload that in the future, BUT the crimp die is the issue. Hopefully as the cartridge becomes more popular, someone will come out with a suitable crimp die.

versifier
07-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Rather than waiting (possibly in vain) for someone to come out with a decent crimp die, you might consider simply having one done for you. Lee will make a custom Factory Crimp Die. They are not very expensive. Check out prices and options at their website: www.leeprecision.com

I'm not sure what their turnaround time on custom orders will be at the moment, but I got my last one about a year ago in three weeks. All you have to do is to send them a dummy cartridge and they will make one for just about any wildcat you can come up with, except some of the huge dinosaur killing rounds.

The Keymaster
07-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll give that a try! Some people have been modifying 22 hornet dies, but that is WAY too complicated, and at bet they have been getting 1000 rounds with them, and inconsistent crimps. The shell plate and die set that I need (except for the crimp die) are available from Hornady. THe shell plate is a custom also, so, that will probably take as long, if not longer than the custom crimp die. Thanks for the lead!