PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the forum

Joneser
02-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi. I am new to reloading and interested in as much info as I can get. I recently acuired alot, a whole lot, of reloading stuff passed down to me by my Uncle. I am looking forward to finding out what some of the equiptment is, aquiring dies that I do not have and selling or trading stuff that I do have to accomplish this. My Uncle was also into Casting. The Casting equiptment and molds is what I know the least about, and is the primary reason for joining the forum. So far I have only been reloading and I am enjoying it very much. Just wanted to Hi to all of you.

Calvin

kodiak1
02-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear you are getting back into reloading.

Ken.

versifier
02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Welcome to Gunloads, Calvin.

Strange but amazing things can happen when you use tools that were a legacy of someone you cared about. Sometimes when you're working with them your hands seem to already know things that you have never learned. If he kept good notes, they may be the most important of all, saving you countless hours of trial and error.

What did he load and cast for, and where have you started?
Current manuals are a priority as some powders and the methods of measuring pressure have changed a lot in the last few years. (or is that decades?)

Joneser
02-10-2010, 11:03 PM
He kept alot of notes, 4 binders worth. It took me 2 loads in a 8ft pickup box to get most of the stuff, squatted to the bump stops and there is still some stuff left. He started reloading in the 60's. He has tons of books, but most are old ones...alot of military books. Dillon, RCBS, Shotshell reloader, about 5000 live rounds, more bullets, brass, primers, etc than I could probably ever reload. I started with .357 mag, 45acp, 30-06, and 30-30. Its alot of fun and relaxing. Then I opened up a box with all the cast stuff...thats why I am here. I know nothing. Equiptment that I can't identify, molds, handles, pullers, melting pot, ton and tons of lead etc. etc. I am having fun learning. I hope to trade or sell dies, molds, brass that I wont use to acuire ones that i will. About the only dies that he didn't have was 9mm. I am glad he kept notes...I wish I knew some people with experience that were close to me...I am overwhelmed but loving it! Thanks to you and everyone in advance for the knowledge I hope to receive.

Calvin