PDA

View Full Version : 32 Remington Rifle

sgtcliff
03-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Hi All
I am a new member here but a long time shooter. I just recently found a Remington rifle model 141 in a 32 remington. I am in need of some loading data for this cartridge. It seems as though you can shoot a 170gr flat nose bullet in this caliber and not much else. My 141 has the twisted magazine tube allowing it to load pointed bullets. I have searched the web looking for load data but have not been very successful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

versifier
03-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Welcome to Gunloads.

You can use any data for the .32 Win Special (the rimmed version of the same cartridge) and most data for the .30-30/.30Rem can be substituted for bullets of the same weight. Some of the lighter loads may not cycle the action.

The biggest problem will be finding bullets of the proper diameter. 8mm (.323)cast bullets can be sized down if necessary, though it may not be necessary as cast bullets need to be .002" over groove diameter, but it depends on the mould and alloy. There are several moulds available if you can find them. Many are no longer made, so they are a gunshow only proposition. Finding ones that are short enough to feed and function might be a challenge, too. Lyman's Cast Bullet handbook lists .32Spec loads for 137, 164, and 184gr bullets.

.32 handgun bullets are all too small in diameter (.311), so don't bother.