PDA

View Full Version : reloading manufactures

rokdog13
11-06-2010, 01:57 PM
what company has everybody had the best luck with overall? The guy at Cabelas said that the Lee die's were really good, but I've read in a few spots their QC sucks.
Got Lee Dies for my .22-250 and am going to get Die's for .450 bushmaster soon hopefully. I'm guessing Hornady...

versifier
11-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Lee does have good dies, the best value out there for sure. Plus there are their collet neck sizers and factory crimp dies that I wouldn't want to get along without. They have occasional QC issues, though they will replace anything defective, and their customer service can leave a lot to be desired sometimes.

As far as quality and superior customer service I would have to go with RCBS. Dillon also has a very good rep. I don't use many Hornady products, never had one break so I have no idea what they're like to deal with.

kodiak1
11-06-2010, 02:41 PM
I mave a little bit of everybodies and probably everyone that ever did build dies.
I have alot of RCBS, Redding, Lyman.
I also have Pacific, CH4D, Hollywood, Lee, Hornady and Dillon all have worked great and most of the time no problems.
If I was to start out today I would probably go mostly with RCBS for the simple reason walk into a story and that is pretty much what you see. Break a decapping pin they got it. Their warranty is second to none. The biggest thing though is they are in every store not hard to find at all.
Ken.

rokdog13
11-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Thank you gentlemen.

backcountry
06-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Redding is the ONLY way to go ... when you hold a Redding in one hand and any other brand in the other hand you will instantly understand the difference - Customer service is outstanding - if you have questions email Dave Dibble at Redding and ask - You will never be sorry with a Redding ANYTHING

backcountry
06-14-2012, 06:21 AM
I DID fail to mention another GREAT company in Dillon, and for progressives they RULE ! My comment in the venue of "precision rifle reloading" will remain as REDDING IMO though