PDA

View Full Version : Least we forget

Kelly J
12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
69 Years ago the Japanese Navy Bombed Pearl Harbor, the date was December 7, 1941 we lost a lot of good people in the attack and was launched into the Second arm of the great War known today as WWII, I have not seen a single reference to this event as to the time of this message have we forgotten the Men & Women, that fought to give us our freedoms yet again in the course of History, if this is so then shame on us for not remembering, Makes me wonder if the People remember 11 September 2001?

rokdog13
12-10-2010, 01:32 AM
My first inclination would be to chew you out, but I have a tendency to agree with you. Considering the fact that our congress just passed a Bill to allow the massive influx of people who could care less about the sacrifices made by a people they would like to at the very least displace I wonder how the American people continue to vote them into office. It also makes me wonder how bad the situation needs to get before People pull their heads from whatever orifice it might be securely buried in and realize things can get bad here. And that those who don't learn from the past are destined to repeat it.
The dream act just passed the congress on its way to the senate. The budget that just passed cut ICE and the Border Patrol budget by huge amounts. I think that people like nancy pelosi figure that if enough third world illegal aliens are distributed amongst the population what was once a great nation with Conservative values will cave and be easily molded into the tree hugging goose stepping comradeship her Haight-Ashbury muddled brain envisions for this country. The Governator is announcing a state of emergency in California over money, yet its congressional leaders are in WA D.C. are voting for more Big Government business as usual.
When ones leaders are so out of touch with reality it begs the question;
Do they know something we don't, or are they really that stupid?
Hey, and vote democrat!!

Kelly J
12-10-2010, 08:26 AM
My first inclination would be to chew you out, but I have a tendency to agree with you. Considering the fact that our congress just passed a Bill to allow the massive influx of people who could care less about the sacrifices made by a people they would like to at the very least displace I wonder how the American people continue to vote them into office. It also makes me wonder how bad the situation needs to get before People pull their heads from whatever orifice it might be securely buried in and realize things can get bad here. And that those who don't learn from the past are destined to repeat it.
The dream act just passed the congress on its way to the senate. The budget that just passed cut ICE and the Border Patrol budget by huge amounts. I think that people like nancy pelosi figure that if enough third world illegal aliens are distributed amongst the population what was once a great nation with Conservative values will cave and be easily molded into the tree hugging goose stepping comradeship her Haight-Ashbury muddled brain envisions for this country. The Governator is announcing a state of emergency in California over money, yet its congressional leaders are in WA D.C. are voting for more Big Government business as usual.
When ones leaders are so out of touch with reality it begs the question;
Do they know something we don't, or are they really that stupid?
Hey, and vote democrat!!

I fail to get the connection of your reply to my post but it isn't important we both have valid points, even though the subject matter is different. By the way I could not vote Democrat unless the Democrat was a true Conservative and a Constitutional Supporter in the Document as written, not as the Judicial Branch as usurped it.

rokdog13
12-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't think the connection is that veiled, basically trying to describe reasons why our history, sacrifices and heritage are not weighted with the value that our fragmented society should devote to it.
To the point; If I we're to go to the Grocery store and ask a person shopping there that I found was speaking spanish and asked them about the battle of Midway and it's effect's on the direction of the Pacific war, I would be willing to bet the most I would get would be..."pah-see-feek?" or just a blank stare...
I wonder the cumulative effects on our society watching its Government and Big business selling them out and how that effects us and our children.
We all assign value to things, and when basic survival is our main focus which way does it go?
Makes one want to read up on the French revolution. And get a cook book on cake.

Kelly J
12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
I will leave it at that, as you still missed the point of the remembrance of the Japanese Attack on Pearl Harbor December 7th, 1941, and the fact that there was not much said about it in the news or elsewhere!

rokdog13
12-11-2010, 04:35 AM
hehe.. thats funny! I didn't mention because I didn't miss the point.
I have 5 children and have spent ample time watching WW2 era movies and thankfully modern ones explaining to my kids what pearl harbor is, and what happened.
I kinda figured I wasn't pointing out the obvious but then I needed to realize we don't know each other!!

versifier
12-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Too few have stood above the rusting deck of the Arizona or walked barefoot through the Punchbowl Cemetary in the hills above Pearl. They are places so holy and heavy with the weight of memory and sorrow that most who visit cannot speak aloud for some time afterward. They are not the only such places in our country, just the most recent.

We, the children, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren of those who fought island by island across the Pacific will never forget.

Only holidays that can generate profits get media attention anymore as the Greatest Generation dwindles before our eyes.

A man can do three things:
He can speak out and remind those who have never been taught history or who would choose to forget.
He can teach his children the truth about those who fought and died for the freedom they so often take for granted (and allow those in power to slowly strip from them).
He can lay in a good stockpile of arms and ammunition for when the whole house of cards our elected officials have built is blown away by the winds of change.

Gods help us all.

Kelly J
12-11-2010, 12:04 PM
AMEN, been there and done that, Every time while in the Navy when a Ship Passes The Arizona entering or leaving Port Honors are rendered to Her and Her Crew many of them still there. And due to the fact I was born just shortly after the event (2-11-42) and was stationed on a Tin Can with an Arizona Survivor it has always been a thought that has stuck in my mind.

Calm Seas and Fair Winds Shipmates!

rokdog13
12-13-2010, 05:07 AM
Versifier;
That was great. I think the best point you made is that regardless of where popular culture may go, it's really up to individuals to pass on the heritage we hold dear.
I'm going to Have my oldest son read these posts. He's going on 11 and reads veraciously. Trying to get him to read history but he's still on adventure books. Won't be long and he will be telling me thing's I never knew.

Kelly J
12-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Versifier;
That was great. I think the best point you made is that regardless of where popular culture may go, it's really up to individuals to pass on the heritage we hold dear.
I'm going to Have my oldest son read these posts. He's going on 11 and reads veraciously. Trying to get him to read history but he's still on adventure books. Won't be long and he will be telling me thing's I never knew.

The best source of History relating to the United States is by far the Patriot Post; you can get information of Current Affairs, Historical Documents, and much more. Most importantly the information is not one sided to current affairs nor are the Historical Documents Altered to meet a Political Agenda.

http://patriotpost.us/

You can subscribe to the Post Free if you so desire.