PDA

View Full Version : I have this old gun??

JAB
01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
I have had this rifle for over 20 years. All I know about it, is that it is stamped Commonwealth Of Austrailia on the right sideplate and NSW (more than likely New South Wales). It is a .357 mag. The scope was added and the original sights removed. There is no manufactuer name on it. Any ideas who made this rilfe?

Thanks in advance. JAB

versifier
01-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Welcome to Gunloads.

That appears to be a Martini and if it's now a .357mag, has either been rebored or rebarreled from its original .310 chambering. How did you come by it, and how accurate is it?

Northtide
11-01-2012, 05:56 PM
It appears you have a VERY desirable Martini Cadet. It is more than likely marked NSW on the right side of the receiver near the fore end. The left side SHOULD have "Birmingham Small Arms Co. Ltd " stamped on it. On the top of the receiver above the chamber there should also be a Kangaroo stamped on the flat of the receiver. I have one that has been re chambered and the original barrel re bored in the .357 Mag. It is an incredible shooter. The .357 Mag. is probably at the top of the list for desirability. Although I also have a Cadet in .218 Mashburn Bee that is murder on the coyotes on the ranch where I live.
The scope and it's mount is interesting. Does the scope have manufactures name on it?

kodiak1
11-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Fun piece to shoot i would think!

Ken.