PDA

View Full Version : Winchester M 1886

mr16ga
03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I have the desire for a Winchester 1886. Does anyone have any thoughts on the real Winchester version or any of the replicas on the market?

versifier
03-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Other than the fact that I begin to drool uncontrollably when I see one, I'm not much help.

I'm3rd
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
If I remember right Browning stopped importing the Miruko-built 1886 repro several years ago, and of course Winchester, who also imported the Miruko 1886 repro, is now OOB so none are being imported at this time as far as I know. The last new 1886 I saw for sale was a Browning/Miruko in a gun shop at Sarasota FL. That was several years ago and it was a high quality piece, at least equal to an original Winchester in my humble opinion. I don't remember the price tag, but I do remember that it was out of my comfort range unless I wanted to trade in several of my guns to help pay for it, which I didn't want to do. You may have to try your luck at Gun Brokers, although as you probably know you will pay through the nose for anything you buy at that joint. As for an original Winchester, you could probably find one on some of the antique gun auction websites, but unless you married into money or bought gold bullion 10 years ago you might have to sell your daughter to a Saudi Arabian prince to pay for it.