PDA

View Full Version : Bank Allows CCW inside

Kelly J
10-11-2011, 08:21 AM
http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Local_Bank_Allowing_Guns_on_Premise_Gets_National_ Recognition_131154333.html

Local Bank Allowing Guns on Premise Gets National Recognition
October 5, 2011
Nicole Morten

It is one of the oldest banks in Texas and it encourages customers to carry fire arms inside--And now the owner and the bank are receiving national recognition. Chappell Hill Bank President, Edward Smith placed a sign on the bank's door last year reading: 'Lawful concealed carry permitted on these premises. Management recognizes the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as an inalienable right of all citizens. We therefore support and encourage the carrying of licensed concealed weapons.'

This sign created an internet sensation with photos of the small town bank and its sign, making their way around the web. The Bank will be featured on the nationally syndicated Tom Gresham Gun Talk Show. Smith will be talking about his bank's decision to promote the right to carry firearms, in accordance with the second amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

“You've got to depend on yourself and with that sign on your door; a “would-be” criminal will most likely end up going to another place that doesn’t allow guns.” “Everybody that has the “no guns allowed” sign is telling any ‘would-‘be hold-up artist that there are no guns allowed on the premises. Why would you want to do that? You should tell people that there are people carrying guns. We’ve got women who are carrying a .38 in their purses that are now capable of protecting themselves should anything ever happen, especially when someone comes inside the bank mad at the government.”

Smith tells News 3 he has received emails and calls of support both nationally and internationally. “I got interviewed at a radio station in Pittsburgh and I had mentioned that the only part of the nation we hadn’t heard from was from the left coast,” explained Smith Wednesday afternoon. “A few days later, I got a call from a guy in North Hollywood who wanted to open up a CD account. My teller told him of the cost, and his response was, “I don’t care about the cost, open it up and tell Mr. Smith that he’s heard from the West Coast now.” To me, I thought that was impressive!”

“Three out of the first five people came up and talked to me were women; they told me they had been carrying their pistol in their purse for years, but didn't tell anyone. Now they're happy.”