PDA

View Full Version : Hi from New Zealand

260 rem
11-08-2011, 06:47 PM
HI
I am a keen hunter and pistol shooter
I reload for all of my Firearms and found this Forum on one of my infomation searches so signed up so that I can ask for any help and give some back
Would have done this earlier in the day but just back from a pig hunt were me and my hunting offsider managed to knock over a 90 pound pig just right for the freezer

versifier
11-09-2011, 07:51 AM
That's the right way to start a day.

Welcome to Gunloads. Pull up a chair and make yourself to home.

What was the load you shot the pig with? And how do you like to cook it?

Feral pigs have spread to the southwest corner of my state, so they'll probably be running around in the woods here soon enough. They were easy enough to raise on the farm, friendly little things that happily processed all garden and cooking waste and filled the freezer every fall. But they sure were a lot of work. I like the idea of hunting them like deer in the woods behind the house, but if they were around I suppose I'd have to fence the garden and surround it with claymores if I wanted to eat anything but meat.

260 rem
11-10-2011, 12:58 AM
My mate banged this one over with his 270 win parker hale but factory loads the last trip I got a 110 pounder no head or inners One shot from my tikka 260 rem Remington peters case win lr primer and plain old Hornady Interlock 129 grain sp over 44 grains ADI 2209
as for cooking SLOW roast with herbs and spices melts in the mouth as for frendly at 100+ yards yes 5 feet not so nice

kodiak1
11-10-2011, 05:19 PM
260 rem
Welcome to the forum.
Now I feel hungry for a feed of ribs slowly bar-b-qued.

Ken.

hardrock
11-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi, do you prepare that wild pig just like fresh pork?