View Full Version : Obamacare Will Affect Gun Ownership

Kelly J
07-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Western Missouri Shooters Alliance

http://www.wmsa.net/

http://godfatherpolitics.com/6010/obamacare-will-affect-gun-ownership/

Obamacare Will Affect Gun Ownership

July 5, 2012 by da Tagliare

While everyone is still reeling from the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold Obamacare and the individual mandate, they are overlooking another aspect of the legislation that will violate your right to privacy and your ability to purchase a gun.
One of the thousands of aspects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Healthcare Act is the electronic centralization of everyone’s medical records into a one huge databank. Supposedly, only medical professionals will have access to this information, but you and I both know that a number of government agencies will also have access to it.

First of all consider the fact that Obamacare establishes government review boards to determine proper treatment and coverage for a patient. From everything I’ve read, these review boards will not be made up of all medical personnel. Additionally, government approved health insurance providers may also gain access to your private medical records and use that information in determining your costs and amount of coverage.

An example of just how much of a violation of privacy this can be, the Boston Globe recently carried a story of how patients’ psychiatric notes and records went into a central database that was available to any doctor who treated her. In one instance they talked about a 43 year old lawyer named Julie who revealed her inner most secrets and fears to her psychiatrist. The psychiatrist then had the notes from those sessions typed into her electronic records. Later on, Julie saw a doctor for something else and was shocked when that doctor referred to the psychiatrist’s notes and Julie’s personal secrets.

Just a note here, have you ever tried to get a copy of your medical records from doctors or hospitals? Legally, you have the right to those records, but I’ve had more than one incident where the doctor or hospital did everything possible to prevent me from having them. Under Obamacare, it seems almost anyone will be able to get your records, except perhaps for you.

That same database of personal and medical information can and probably will be used in the future by agencies like the FBI when they do background checks for gun applications. The FBI will access your personal medical records to look for conditions like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that they can use to deny the application to purchase a firearm. According to a report published by Gun Owners of America, the Veterans Administration has already used this information to block the Second Amendment right of over 150,000 veterans to bear arms.

With all of the effort being made by the Obama administration to prevent Americans from owning guns, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will use your private information against you any way they can to prevent you from purchasing any more guns. Therefore, my advice to you is to buy as many guns and as much ammunition as you can now and be ready to use them if need be to protect you and your family’s wellbeing in the upcoming Depression and government collapse.