PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the cowboys gone

El Oso
10-29-2005, 12:38 PM
I can't beleive there is no postings, what about you CASshooters.
I use my cowboy guns for hunting anyone else?
El Oso

Oldbushman
11-26-2005, 03:31 AM
Due to work comitments (a dingo /camel culling contract. so much for retirement !!!!!) I have'nt had a chance to get up to our range of late> I shoot with the Quorn Cass (Flinder's Ranges ) I only stumbled across the disipline a couple of years ago & it seems strange Cowboy action started it's lifein Austrailia at Quorn ,yet it has almost no following in our club any more! Yet I find it to be the greatest of all the disiplines ,to say nothing of being a great way to relive stress (to say nothing of thinking up new excuses for missing large targets at close range

Dave

El Oso
12-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello Oldbushman it's good to see someone in this forum. I'm
afraid I didn't make as many cowboy shoots this year as I wanted to.However I still practiced a lot. In several mags. I get they talk about CAS is big in Australia and New Zealand.
Do you shoot replicas or have you managed to get a hold of some originals.I have been shooting CAS for about five years
and I think it is about the most enjoyable disipline I have shot. I used to shoot high power rifle and sillouet but the wern't near as much fun but then again they didn't require big hats and wooden horses.I look fwd. to hearing from you.
watch your backtrail
El Oso

Oldbushman
12-11-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm afraid I'm not real traditional but I did use a origanial 73 for a time circa 1900 in 44wcf but I grew weak & swaped it for a ruger single six for my son .It went to a good home .The lad who wanted it is starting a collection of Winchesters,whilst trying to buy a new home & start a family ! Probarly better in his safe than in the hands of a Old Rat Bag like me ;)
I also use a brace of Ruger Super black hawks in .44 mag much to the anoyance Of our polititions who tried to ban any thing over .38 As far as the shotgun goes I use a Old sxs that I've had for years (a Bently )& I recently got the Lad a little .410 single As well as letting him use a little Rem .22lr Pump (of unknown vintage ) For all of my working life I've made a living out of shooting. I found that Cowboy action is as far removed from work in my case as one could wish for & therefore I don't have to worry about missing & I can just go & let of steam & be a Big Kid

Dave AKA Shadey Daze