PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle loaders

BLACK3
11-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Any One out there into muzzle loading? It would be fun to compare notes and swap stories.

versifier
11-27-2012, 01:43 PM
I shoot a double trigger .54cal T/C Renegade with a custom Green Mountain barrel. T/C peep sights. I shoot prb's, MaxiBalls, and both .44 and .45 bullets in sabots. I cast all my own bullets for it. For deer hunting I shoot 230gr soft lead .45cal HP's in T/C sabots over 90grs of Pyrodex R/S. The combination is sub MOA @100yds if I do my part (offhand I can usually keep 5shots in 6"). I really enjoyed shooting it at the club range when everyone was checking their deer rifles preseason and had all they could do to pieplate with their scoped centerfire rifles rested. :mrgreen: Invariably there were some really good deals available at the pawn shop the next week.

BLACK3
12-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I generally just shoot a tecoa mountian round ball with 80 grains of tripple f powder behind it. It shoots a 5 inch pattern at 100 yards with a rest. I have a tough time keeping stable offhand. However knowing that in advance I make sure I have a rest available.
I just purchased a t/c mould and I am getting handles soon. Then I can start making my own ammo. I haven't weighed any of my ammo but I do have a grain scale on the way as well.