PDA

View Full Version : Fast & Furious: Officials Face Criminal Charges

Kelly J
12-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Fast & Furious: Officials Face Criminal Charges As Gun Buyers Face Sentencing
51 Comments

Operation Fast and Furious continues to be an ongoing saga. Today reports are out that sentencing of straw gun buyers, involved in the operation, will be taking place shortly and on the governments side of things, ATF officials involved in Fast and Furious have had their security clearances revoked and criminal charges are pending against them.

First, SeattlePI.com reports: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime/article/Prosecutions-progress-in-Fast-and-Furious-case-4083593.php

The case against the gun smuggling ring has progressed in court much faster than the case against the men accused of killing Terry.

So far, 15 of the 20 people charged in the gun case pleaded guilty to charges. Most of those who admitted guilt are straw buyers who said they falsely claimed that guns they bought were for them, when they were actually purchased for the ring. One of the ring’s organizers also has pleaded guilty.

Three people who pleaded guilty in the case will be sentenced on Dec. 10, while six admitted straw buyers — including one who bought two guns that were found at the shootout scene — will be sentenced on Dec. 12.

Records show a Jan. 3 trial has been set for five other alleged ring members, including a man accused of being a ring leader, two alleged recruiters and a straw buyer who is accused of illegally buying 245 guns.

Additionally one man has already pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. his plea deal allows him to avoid the death penalty. His sentence is scheduled for March 1, 2013.

The five men who face charges in the death of Border Agent Brian Terry, (http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/07/indictment-unsealed-six-charged-in-brian-terrys-murder/)two of the men are in custody, while the remaining three are fugitives. There is also a FBI reward of $1 million for information that leads to their arrest. Authorities have not said which member of these five actually shot Terry.

On the government front, Katie Pavlich reported an update with regards to ATF officials involved in Fast and Furious: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/11/30/report_security_clearances_revoked_criminal_charge s_pending_for_atf_fast_and_furious_officials

According to credible ATF sources, officials heavily involved in Operation Fast and Furious and named as partially responsible for the program’s failure by Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz and the House Oversight Committee have been stripped of their government security clearances while some have been fired, demoted, and transferred. Criminal charges are also reportedly pending.

Former ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix Field Division Bill Newell, former ATF Special Agent in Charge of Operations in the West Bill McMahon and former Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix Field Division George Gillett have been fired while former Assistant Special Agent in Charge Jim Needles and Field Supervisor David Voth have been demoted. Hope McAllister, the lead case agent for Fast and Furious, has been put on leave and transferred out of Phoenix according to reports. McMahon and ATF came under heavy fire just a few months ago after it was revealed McMahon had been receiving ATF paid leave while pulling a six figure salary from J.P. Morgan, the same bank that owns the bureau’s credit cards.

The only questions that remain are when will we get to the bottom of Attorney General Eric Holder and Barack Obama’s involvement in all of this?

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/12/fast-furious-officials-face-criminal-charges-as-gun-buyers-face-sentencing/#ixzz2F32Mw7CL

fryboy
12-14-2012, 04:28 PM
i was reading a story last nite that the two main straw buyers took plea deals ..of less than 5 years each when they had multiple charges that to us would have a 5 year mandatory sentence each ....iirc avila would have been sentenced to 260 minimum , in essence they received a slap on the wrist [grrrr] one thing about plea deals in this case ? it saves from a trial and information that would surely have to come out that they keep trying to hide ( i'd best shuddup now as this has had my blood boiling for quite some time - long before agent terry was even killed )

Kelly J
12-14-2012, 08:13 PM
i was reading a story last nite that the two main straw buyers took plea deals ..of less than 5 years each when they had multiple charges that to us would have a 5 year mandatory sentence each ....iirc avila would have been sentenced to 260 minimum , in essence they received a slap on the wrist [grrrr] one thing about plea deals in this case ? it saves from a trial and information that would surely have to come out that they keep trying to hide ( i'd best shuddup now as this has had my blood boiling for quite some time - long before agent terry was even killed )

This is one of the main problems with Law Enforcement and the Criminal Justice System. The Plea Barging is a tool that fails for the most part but it still is being used, supposedly it helps get the other bad guys. BS
The one thing I truly Believe is there should not be a life without Parole, Execution is in the long run both a deterrent and a cost saving tool why should Tax Payers be forced to support these Criminals?