PDA

View Full Version : Best recipe for 380 ACP

WVHunter129
12-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Hello,

A friend of mine who I do some reloading for has a 380 ACP and I have loaded him some ammo for it. I used 2.8 grains of Unique powder under his 124 grain fmj bullet.

They worked fine in his gun, but he told me that they didn't sound as loud as the factory ammo.

From what I have found the max load for 124 grain bullet using the Unique powder is 3.0 grains.

Just wondering if anyone else reloaded for the 380 and what was your best loads?

Thanks.

versifier
12-06-2005, 12:15 PM
After a LOT of testing with a bunch of different bullets and powders, this is the load that shot best in a pair of Walther PPK's owned by my brother and father. They shoot to point of aim elevation-wise at 15yds, necessary as the sights are only drift adjustable for windage. Group size is consistant at 3-4 inches in both pistols. ;)
Testing was done more than 10 years ago, (I've moved about seven times) so I don't have notes on the ones that didn't work out. These we still shoot regularly, though you've got to watch out as the little Walthers love to take a bite out of the web of your thumb if you're not paying attention! :violin:

Bullet: 90gr Sierra JHP
Powder: Unique 4.6gr
Case: R/P Primer: CCI or WSP OAL: .940"

C1PNR
12-06-2005, 01:51 PM
It's been a long time since I loaded for my Beretta 1938, but I used 4.5 Unique with the same bullet. Winchester brass and WSP primers.

Also tried 3.2 Red Dot, all other the same. I don't have any notes on the Red Dot load, but the Unique always worked well.