PDA

View Full Version : New Gun

Ableshooter
03-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Hey guys, I just bought a Olympic Arms K8 Mag in 243 WSSM. More or less a beefed up AR15 in 243 WSSM. I got it new at a decent price and hope that it will be a long range prairie dog killer.

I am debating putting a Leupold VXIII 8.5-25 X50mm Long Range Target 33mm Tube, or a Burris 8-32 X44mm Black Diamond Signature Select on it. Anyone have any opinions on this caliber or either of these scopes. Or any suggestions on other scopes in the six to eight hundred dollar range I should be looking at for long range shooting. Any input would help. Especially if anyone has any loads they think might be good. The barrel is a 1 in 10 twist. But I may be limited on how high of grain bullet I can use because of feeding issues. I am thinking in the 75 to 85 grain range or down to a 55 grain bullet.

Thanks
Greg

Oldbushman
03-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Whilst I'm unfamilar with the rifle I have limited experiance with the WSSM 243 having shot a few that are slowly taking off over here . I'd go for the Leupold to get the best out of the rifle /round combo

Dave

shootnJas
01-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I have that VX3 with the varmint hunter reticles. I love this scope. Am still working up a load for it, and havnt shot past 200 yds yet, but will soon.
Shooting 22-250 55gr v-max. With the varmint hunter reticles, the factory has a volosity chart that they recomend using to match there reticles. Dont know yet if I will stick with that or not but it gives me somewhere to start. If everything works out, I will post it for sure

Hope this helps.